dix.

The next day, Milan found herself on the receiving end of a text message from Marcus, just like she was told.

The differences between him and Ramses were growing by the second as well.

"Good morning, beautiful. We still on for today?" Marcus's text read.

It was a far cry from Ramses's "come outside right now before I drive through your house" that's for sure.

Milan stretched her torso over her bed, her arms reaching up and over her head as well. Once she was feeling limber and lean again, she texted him back. "Yeah, what do you have planned?" She quickly shot back.

That's usually where conversation died between Milan and a lot of other men. They had no plans usually. The farthest they'd thought into the future was usually her coming over to their house and doing only God knows what else with them.

She had a higher expectation for Marcus though, and when her phone pinged again, she knew he wouldn't be one to disappoint.

"I thought I'd take you downtown. Dress nice. You want me to scoop?"

Her heart fluttered when he mentioned going into the city. She loved being downtown summertime Chi in the evening, everything was a warm glowing sight to see.

However, him picking her up... from Ramses's house... that was something she couldn't let happen.

Quickly she thought of an excuse, "No thanks. I take a minute to get ready. How about I just come to yours and we go from there?"

Marcus had no problem with that and the date was set for tonight at seven. Although she didn't get the giddy feeling she had when ever Ramses was outside her house when everything was confirmed with Marcus, she did feel a weight get taken off of her shoulders knowing she was protecting both of them from Chrisanto by moving on.

There was a knock at her door and Milan flinched before calling out saying it was okay to come in.

Good thing I don't sleep naked.

She sighed in her head. She was dressed in a XXL t-shirt and her panties, but under the covers you couldn't see all of that.

Ramses opened the door and stepped in, he was already full dressed in a black track suit, the pants a bit low on his waist, and black and white Nike dunks. A thin gold chain was around his neck that glinted against his skin where he'd left the zipper from his jacket open.

He gave her a once over before speaking and already did Milan feel like he could see straight through the duvet that was covering her.

"What you on today? I wanna take you out." He proposed and Milan's heart sank immediately.

She threw the covers over her head and faked a cough, "I'm sick." She blurted out, she couldn't seem to think quick on her feet in his presence.

In the next second, the blanket was ripped completely off of her. Cold air hitting her bare legs and she scrambled to make sure her dignity was covered by the shirt she was wearing. Ramses smirked at the nervous display.

"Yeah... real sick to be wearing a Bulls shirt this season." He smartly replied. Milan smacked her lips and snatched the blanket back onto her frame.

"Where's your city pride?" She mocked him.

Ramses shrugged as he stood over her on the bed, "But for real, why you being weird? I wanna redo the first time I took you out. No bullets, I promise." He reassured, but even he looked a little iffy on the end part.

This caused Milan to roll her eyes. "I'm not acting weird, I'm just busy today." She told him the closest thing to the truth she could. It was Ramses's turn to roll his eyes.