treize.

It had been five hours since Ramses had stormed out of the house.

Milan was scared shitless about what he'd look like when he came home, if he came home.

He wasn't answering his phone and oddly enough, Chrisanto had yet to message her again either.

Because she was a nervous eater, Milan had finished her second party sized bag of Doritos. Mindlessly eating as her mind wandered to all the trouble she knew Ramses could get himself in with a gun or with guns being used against him.

She was reaching for her third bag of chips when a booming knock rattled the front door of the house. Milan's blood curdled in her veins and her chips fell to the ground as she sprang up from the couch.

When she looked out the small window of the door, she saw two men. They both had on ski masks and also kept looking around them as they stood at the door. 

What in God's name did you do, Ramses?

Milan sighed in her head and stepped away from the entrance. She wasn't going to open the door.

"We can see you, Milan." 

One of the men spoke gruffly to the door.

Squeezing her eyes shut in embarrassment, Milan turned her back to the door and huffed. 

"Then why the hell are you just standing there being fucking menaces to society?!" Milan angrily shot back.

"Pharaoh sent us to protect you. Shit is bouta get hectic, g." The man answered.

This caused Milan's eyes to spring open. She peeked through the window again. The men with ski masks met her eyes and she narrowed them. "Why couldn't even come protect me himself?"

"Let us in and we'll explain."

"Now why the hell—"

"Tell Milan that shit finna get hectic. Tell her I did some real hothead ass shit. She not gonna believe you and y'all damn near get y'all brains blown out on my porch, but tell her ass she need to let you in or all of y'all gon' wake up dead." 

The second masked man had pulled out his phone and seemed to have read a text message straight from Ramses himself. 

Fair enough.

Milan thought to herself. She hurriedly unlocked the door and ushered the men in, locking it abruptly behind them. As soon as they were in, they unmasked themselves. It was the same men that had accompanied Ramses to the hospital when he'd gotten shot. 

The wore all black clothing. They had dark red stains on them, but neither of them seemed to be hurt. One of them was shuffling from foot to foot while the other was standing completely still.

She definitely remembered the one who had offered her the ride home. He was still looking at her the same way, like he had never seen a woman before and he couldn't wait to do everything for the first time. That's why he was so still, too busy checking her out.

Milan looked down at her appearance and yes, she still had on Ramses' underwear, but she had put on a hoodie. She pulled the hood over her head to feel more covered in front of them.

"Okay, y'all done made it inside. What the fuck is going on?" Milan demanded, making both of them snap to attention. 

"Pharaoh done sprayed all of the low-end damn near. Starting from the hair shop on 57th all the way up to 79th. There's a fucking war going on right now."

The same fucking hair shop I was supposed to deliver him too.

Milan's mind was racing. He had just made Chicago the nation's bloodiest city for the next five years minimum.