11: Let's Plan My Murder! || ShwetaKumari426

Author: ShwetaKumari426

Book Title: Let's Plan My Murder!

Title

The title is unique and very interesting. Your story is the first result of the Wattpad search.

Cover

The cover is beautiful! I liked the simplicity and the contrast between the black background and the woman's white skin. I also liked that the woman had red lips, and the word "murder" had the same color. I would probably read a story by seeing this cover.

After reading a few chapters: The story's vibe was lighter than the cover's tone. I think a brighter cover will fit better the plot.

Blurb

Wow! The blurb is well-written, has the right length, and you introduce the main character and the basic plotline. I can't find any mistakes. The story sounds interesting and fun.

Opening chapter

The chapter started in a not-so-original way. There are a lot of stories that begin with the girl waking up. You could start the story right at the exercise part if you want to start the chapter in the morning.

I noticed a few repetitions that hindered the flow. For example: "...I toss over to get my phone. My phone has... Not that I was expecting my phone loaded with messages." On one hand, you clearly show how she's always the one texting him and that sets the mood for their type of relationship but on the other hand, it can be monotonous.

Ava is insecure, and I liked how you showed her family status in this chapter. Her relationship with her mother explains a lot about her character and the way she handles her relationship with Aiden.

The chapter ended rather soon. I was ready to see more of Ava's day, but I liked the cliffhanger at the end. I suppose her relationship with Aiden will have some (more) problems after his text.

Plot

The story is easy to read, and the pace is fine, slightly fast, but it works well.

Most of the chapters end in a cliffhanger and that increases the tension and the reader's urge to keep reading. At times, especially in the first chapters, I wondered a lot about how and where did Aiden and Ava meet. The way he flirts with the girls and his carefree style of living was opposite to Ava's character. I didn't like that he hid the kiss with Natalie and the way he treats all the women because I don't think he's fair with his exes either.

In chapter 3, I was surprised that Ava mentioned Gracie. She made a big deal in the previous chapter, so shouldn't she be more curious about Gracie's whereabouts? And I know that she was probably worried about many other things, but the mention of Gracie at that moment (as they were leaving the party) was strange.

Noah's appearance was enjoyable and easy to read. He has good chemistry with Ava, but it felt odd that he proposed something like that to a stranger. However, he appeared right on time to move the plot forward and add some action to the story.

Characters

The first thing I noticed in the story is the intensity of all of Ava's relationships. On one hand, her mother is controlling, toxic even, and manipulative. On the other hand, her boyfriend is giving me mixed signals. He doesn't seem to care about her feelings and messes around with other women, but there are moments when Ava feels good with him. I liked the contrast you created between those two types of relationships.

I'm not Ava's fan. She has some weaknesses and attributes that I dislike, but I loved her fierceness and determination at the end of chapter 4. It was refreshing to see her notice a few things about Aiden. She has trust issues, and I wonder if her family background has something to do with it. She mentioned that there are four members in her family and her relationship with her father is (seems to be) non-existent. I noticed a lot when she was talking about Aiden's friends – even with the ones she likes more.

I'd like you to show Ava's feelings better when Aiden admits he kissed Natalie. Her actions were great, but I couldn't connect with her as much as I'd like to.

Noah is a complex, impulsive guy (or is he?) who comes to change Ava's life. He comes into her life like a breath of fresh air, and yet, I can't stop but be suspicious of him. I also think it was a little reckless that Ava let him in her place so soon after their meeting.

SPaG

The grammar was good, and I didn't notice any spelling errors.

Remember to always use a comma when addressing someone.

Overall impression

The "planning my murder" idea is interesting. I usually read 5 chapters for the reviews, but I couldn't stop reading your story. I checked the rest of the chapters' titles too, and it would be an understatement to say that it looks like a great, rollercoaster-like/full of twists story. Nice job!