Michael

Almost 3 weeks later.

We've been hanging out, a lot...

Going to the movies, grabbing coffee, teaching me how to drive... almost. It's taking a lot of convincing, but i think he's about to give in at anytime now.

There's a book store opening happening today in downtown. I told him about it, and he said he'd come with me.

"I'm outside"

I quickly grab my back, put on my shoes, and say goodbye to Bruce. "I'm leaving" I yell out.

"Alright, take care"

I leave the house and head to his car. He's looking in his phone, as beautiful as ever.

In case you were wondering, no we haven't kissed.

We've held hands, but we played dumb.

The tension is there.

"Hey" he says greeting me, kissing my hand. He's been doing that ever since I complained about him calling me 'princess'.

"Hey to you too" I pass a seductive smile. Teasing of course.

He starts driving and we hit the road. It's a 30 minute drive, so I figured I'd start a conversation.

"How's college?". Every time i ask him something about college, or his life in general he either dodges the question, or gives a one word answer.

"Good" Of course.

"Why didn't you go today?"

He pauses before he replies, "i don't have any classes today".

"You didn't have classes yesterday either"

"Yeah"

"Then why-" before i could even finish asking another question he stops me. "It's fine, Alex" his tone raising just a bit.

I'm sick of this.

"Why are you like this" I say before adding to the sentence, "every time I ask you something to get to know you better you just... shut me off"

"It's not like that, Alex" he says trying to defend himself.

"Then what is it about?" My voice is now a little louder, but not yelling.

He stops at the side of the road. "There are things I want to tell you" he looks in my eyes deeply, before adding, "I just can't"

Too bad.

"The more that I hang out with you, Ryan. The more that I feel like I don't know you"

"That's not true, Alex..." yes it is.

"Until you are able to tell me anything about your life..."

"Alex" he says stopping me from continuing whatever I was about to say.

"Can you i go home please?" I look at the window, trying my best to hide my teary eyes.

Why am i crying?

He grabs my face to make me look at him, but I push his hand.