Chapter 12

Serena

"So you took a pregnancy test?" My doctor says I nod "yes I took four to make sure" I smile softly "ok well we will do a blood test on you and then you should probably get into have an
Ultrasound"

After we go over everything I have my blood drawn and they confirmed that I was pregnant something I already knew, "so make an appointment with Dr.Vogue" I nod at Lori a small smile on her face "what?" I ask she just shakes her head "you've been coming here since you were a little girl and now you will be having a baby" I smile "yeah I know"

I call Ken once I get in the car knowing he doesn't have a class "hey how did the appointment go?" He asks "I'm going to make an appointment with the OBGYN see if they can refer me to one closer to you" I tell him "so your first appointment may be with your obgyn?" He asks "Probably I'll tell you what day and time if you want to come"

"Of course I want to come" his words make me smile "how is work?" I ask
"I had to break up a fight between two girls and I got scratched so it's not going good" he says laughing "I'm sorry I wish I could kiss it" I know he was smiling now "I wish we could talk longer but I have papers to grade and I bet you are tried" he says I smile "I am! I let you go see you Saturday" I tell him "see you Saturday bye"
"Bye"

I look my laptop and finish the rest of my essay then yawn looking back at my bed when I hear the door close I get up and walk upstairs and see Elaine "so uh I found a roommate" she says throwing her bag down I nod "I'm going to take a nap" I say she nods "damn this pregnancy really getting to you?" I smile at her words "it's just so terrible! I'm never giving you another sibling" I put my hands on my belly she laughs
"I think with my dad getting old and all he may agree"
"Men have kids at all ages! I knew this couple the guy was 57 and the women was 30 and he got her pregnant three times" I hold up three fingers and Elaine laughs "god damn" I nod "yeah he died recently he was 95, he left 8 grandchild and 4 great great grandchildren" I smile "maybe that will be my dad" I look at her with all seriousness "you have to get a man" I poke her she laughs
"Well I'll get to work" she kisses my cheek as he walks away

Ken

I sit in my room grading paper, I keep my door close when I do this but since it was close to the end of the midterm kids would be in to ask about grades, so they wouldn't have to do it in front of their classmates, "uh Mr.Crawford?" I look up and see one of the new girls "hi uh Anna?" I ask she nods "I know I haven't been here long so I wanted to know about how you will take the mid term?"

"Oh uh I don't even think you are in the system" I smile nodding "if you aren't then all the work im you've turned in I'll put it on your report card" I tell her "yeah I haven't been able to log in to check my grades are mine in here good so far?" She starts to rub my desk "uh yes so far" she smiles "do you give out any extra credit?" I nod "at the end of the grading period yes I do"
"I was wondering if you could give me something now?" My eyes widen and I shake my head "I'm sorry I don't, how about you just do your work in class today" I tell her then my phone rings

It was Elaine "uh I'll write you a pass for your class" I say then answer the phone "hey" I say getting the paper out "ok so I was think of names" Elaine says I smile softly "she's not even 3 months along"
Serena was 2 months pregnant the times line up as time has passed faster then we had thought it did "here you go" I hand the pass out to Anna "thank you" she says dryly then walks out

"Student?" Elaine asks "yeah she asked me if I would give her Ezra credit you know" I say "Ew the fuck" I smile she never cussed in front of me well ok she did say ass and shit but not fuck or bitch "yeah I know, anyway did you ask Serena about the names?"
"No she's asleep anyway, Noelia for a girl and for a boy Francis" I smile
"We will figure something out, you coming home Saturday also?" I ask
"Yeah yeah while Rena doesn't have much stuff she still has enough that she needs to use my car, plus nana is making a roast I can't miss that" I smile "no you can't"
The bell rings and she and I say our byes and I get back to classes

"Oh I can't believe I'm getting another grand baby from you" mom says wiping her table down I had stopped by to drop her off some medicine "mom are you sure you don't want to move in with me?" I ask looking around the house "I don't want to intrude you got that girl moving in, plus I have the nurse with me during the day" I sigh "I know I know but you need someone here during the night, I worry"
"Oh leave it" she shakes her head walking back to her room and closing the door I sigh

"Hey" I say unlocking the door "hey how was your day?" Serena asks "it was good yours?" I ask "I slept" she sighs out, she is still in bed "hey uh I have a question" I say and she yawns on the other side of the line "ok?"
"My mom she isn't doing well I know you met her and she seemed fine but she isn't, and I wanted to move her in with us"
"Of course she can, I like your mom, and with how it's looking I won't have a job for a while so I'll be with her at home while I do classes" I smile

"You are the best" I tell her "yeah I know, anyway I can turn your basement into a studio so I can sell paintings" my smile widens "of course"