Chapter 14: GX - PART 3

"I choose... Obelisk Blue!"

Most of the school, particularly the Blue students, cheered loudly from Serena's decision. However, those that actually knew her stood stunned. They were all under the impression that she hated Obelisk Blue because the dorm shared the same name as Leo Akaba's Elite Soldier Unit. She herself had said she would never set foot inside that place. They all wondered what could have changed her mind.

As they both cheered and pondered, Serena saw Samejima, clearly taken aback by this declaration, smiled and nodded. He approved of her choice.

Judai was definitely shocked. "Serena chose Obelisk Blue? Why?" He asked himself. He was surprised further when he heard Asuka laughing next to him. "Asuka? Why are you laughing?" His girlfriend smiled.

"I think I know why... but perhaps we should hear the reason from Serena herself." She answered mysteriously. 'I noticed it after the Duel. The way they interacted, the way they looked at one another... it's exactly like me and Judai.' Being in love herself, it was clear to Asuka that Serena and Sho had already developed strong feelings for each other. She figured those feelings were a big factor into why Serena chose the dorm she previously despised. Judai didn't seem to get it though. She couldn't blame him; romance was still something new to him.

Principle Samejima, the other Asuka, Yusho, Rei, and the other Fusion Dimension students thought to themselves why Serena made that choice. It was baffling them.

"Well, I think I should go. There are others waiting to qualify." Serena said as she began to step down from the arena.

"Sure, of course. I hope you enjoy your stay in Duel Academy. I know I did." Sho said while smiling. Serena nodded back.

"So do I." Just as she was about to leave...

"Serena, wait a second! I want to say something else!" He said in a hurry. Serena stopped and turned back to him.

"Y-Yes?" She asked, sounding curious and nervous. Sho blushed a little as he spoke.

"I just... wanted to say that..." he hesitated for a second. "I liked your hair... when it was in that ponytail from before. I don't know why you let it down before the Duel."

"Really? You liked my hair... when I had my ribbon on?" Serena asked, turning red herself as she put a hand through her hair. This was the first time anyone said something like that to her. She found herself smiling from that comment.

"Yeah, I did. I think it... suits you better." Sho said, saying it soft enough that it couldn't be overheard by the crowd.

"Thanks...for telling me that." Serena said warmly before she walked away, with Sho still smiling as he watched her go. He then left himself so that the next qualification Duel could take place.

As she came down, Serena was bombarded by questions from her fellow runaway students, mostly why she picked the dorm she previously wanted nothing to do with. "Why did you change your mind, Serena?" Asked Alex, who spoke the loudest. Serena turned to him and smiled.

"I have my reasons." That was all she said before walking away, leaving the others very confused. After a minute, the crowds finally became silent again before Principle Samejima spoke again.

"Now then, let us continue the Qualification Duels! Next up, participant number 002!"

/\/\/\/\/\/\

It took a couple of hours to complete all the remaining qualifying Duels. Some lasted longer than others, but they were all worth watching. Nearly all of Yusho's students both qualified and chose to be in Ra Yellow. This didn't surprise Judai, Serena, Yusho, the Asuka who fled with them, or Principle Samejima. What did surprise them, however, was that three of them chose to occupy Osiris Red instead.