02

BELLE
° 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 𐐪𐑂 °

"I think I'll be good at swinging on a trapeze," I tell Amber, trying to start another conversation with her as we wait for Austin. He's fifteen minutes late and Amber won't start without him.

'I don't think so,"

"Are you doubting me?"

She shrugs.

"Would you be insulted if your twin got plastic surgery?" I ask.

"Of fucking course," she says, "I don't think I'll meet anybody who wouldn't be,"

"I gues-"

"What are we talking about?" Austin cuts in, taking a seat next to Amber.

"You're late," she states the obvious.

"It doesn't matter, I'm here now so can we start now?" he mumbles, "and Belle, maybe it's best if you watch for now. We'll be singing this in front of everyone and I just want to make sure you know everything,"

"I do know everything," I sigh, "because I wrote this song,"

He winces. "Amber and I made some changes yesterday when you went out for lunch,"

You're kidding me?

"I'm sorry Belle, we just thought it'll be better," Amber cuts in, "the lyrics are great and all, but we needed-"

"To change it up and make it more original so it'll be easier to take credit?" I watch as her cheeks turn a reddish colour, and a part of me feels bad but I shake my head, ignoring that part.

"You're unbelievable," Austin mutters, "just sit, we're doing you a favour,"

∞ ₒ ˚ ° 𐐒𐐚 ° ˚ ₒ ∞

"I'm incredibly smart," I tell Sabrina, following her inside the ice rink.

"It's hard to picture,"

I hold my heart, "Ouch. I think my heart has been stabbed, there's no saving me,"

She rolls her eyes playfully, "Yeah yeah, I still can't believe you didn't  know Crew was my brother,"

"You don't like brownies, you aren't interesting enough for me," I remark, "I'm not sure if I should feel sorry for you,"

"That's true. Hockey players aren't that interesting either,"

"I'm hurt," a familiar voice startles me as Sabrina and I turn around to face Hunter and Theo.

I look at Sabrina, "A puzzle is much more entertaining," I think a puzzle would only be entertaining because it's so frustrating. And in my universe, frustration is entertainment.

"Hi Hunter, Hi Hudson, how's the season going? Have you seen Crew?"

I haven't talked to Hunter for three days since he walked me back to my dorm but I've seen him around while going to class. I have so much to tell him.