Chapter 28

Being on what Dex consider good behavior was easy. That part I had no issues with. Acting like I was indifferent to what he was offering was another story entirely. I wanted to keep my eyes trained on the screen and pretend like nothing else was on my mind because letting Dexter know that he had affected me was power I could not afford to give away.

But I handed it over like it was nothing at all. And he knew. Fuck, I knew he knew. I knew he saw every time I glanced over at him out of the corner of my eyes. I knew that he spotted the way my hands were clasped together to tightly in my lap and how my thighs tended to squeeze against each other.

He said nothing, just watched his damn race. The only sign he ever gave me was a slight smirk on half his mouth.

I vowed to myself that I would not beg. He had already seen me face down on a mattress, letting him do whatever he wanted to me. he knew how desperate and needy I could be. I didn't want to give him that satisfaction again when he clearly loved toying with me. but didn't I like it too? There was no way that I was getting this hot and bothered from watching a car drift and slide through a race stage.

Christ, I wasn't nearly as strong as I thought I was. I opened my mouth to say something, but my stubbornness forced me to clamp it shut. I fidgeted in my seat. I felt myself biting my lower lip, wishing that his mouth was on mine, that his hands were in my hair, or even that he was just whispering dirty things to me. I wanted to know what that mind could conjure up.

Dexter's arm slipped around my shoulders. It was a touch he had done before. But when his fingers stroked up my arm, over my shoulder, and up the side of my neck, I had to bite back a whimper. It took so little from him.

"Are you being attentive, sweetheart?" he asked gently.

No, no I wasn't I couldn't even consider what was happening on the screen before me. "Yes," I said anyway.

"I think you're lying to me," he pressed.

I couldn't take the risk of digging my hole deeper so I said nothing in response, wanting to bite back a groan of frustration when he only continued on with his gentle touches. He grazed up my neck again, slipping his fingers into my hair. For a brief instant, his fingers curled, tugging. I couldn't even try to stop the moan from leaving my mouth.

"Sounds like you're too greedy to focus on anything else, aren't you?" he sighed.

His question raised a few of my own. True, he was offering something I desperately wanted, something I had been thinking about since our first night together. But I didn't need it. I was sly, I could rile him up and use his distraction to my advantage. I could easily slip my hand between my thighs while he was in my mouth. The idea of tasting him again, of pushing him to that edge while I teetered on my own, it was heaven.

"You're right, I am greedy," I whispered in small pants. "Maybe it's time someone taught me some manners."

He let out a low laugh. "I think you are right sweetheart."

Given past experiences, I was already moving off the couch, onto my knees. Dexter only shook his head and said, "I haven't told you to move, but since you're so eager, you might as well take your pants off now."

"My pants?" I repeated.

"Don't make me repeat myself."

I didn't even give myself a second to think after that. Sure, it wasn't what I anticipated, but if my plan worked, I wasn't going to be complaining. I slipped out of my skin-tight jeans, rolling my hips as I went, but moving fast to not waste time.

"Good girl, now come here and sit on my lap." There was the tiniest pinch of hesitation on my end. "You were so eager to do it in front of all those people, but now you won't?" he taunted.