Chapter 15

"You're insane."

"No, I'm a genius."

"This isn't genius, this is insane."

"No, this is the only way you can skate this Saturday."

I shake my head at Jordan frantically. "No, she'll be there. She'll recognize me and she'll take skating from me. She burn the remaining photos of my mother." I argue stubbornly.

"Tessa, she won't recognize you! This plan is fool proof!" Jordan retorts, throwing his hands in the air for effect.

It is Thursday. Which is two days before Saturday. Two days before the skating competition that would earn me enough money to pay for a part of college. Jordan, who is sitting on the carpet across from me as we lounge by the fireplace, came up with the most ridiculous idea to conceal my identity.

"Fool proof? Foolproof?! All we are doing is changing my hair color!" I negate, narrowing my eyes stubbornly. I cross my arms with a humph as he groans in annoyance, running a hand down his face.

"Stop being such a baby!" He tells me sternly, narrowing his eyes at me in frustration.

"I'm not being a baby!" I exclaim, throwing my hands in the air frustratedly. "I'm just thinking logically." I humph, crossing my arms over my chest.

He gives me an 'are-you-serious' look as I smirk at him smugly. "Tessa, when have you ever done something logical?" He challenges.

I open my mouth to respond, only to shut it closed.

When have I done something logical?

"Well..." I start and trail off, wracking my brain for any memory of when I acre logically.

He nods his head and crosses his arms as a triumphant grin stretches on his lips. "Hmmhmm. I thought so." He says smugly.

"Ithoughtso..." I mock him in a teasing voice, agitated that he is right.

"Well!" He claps his hands together in decision. "Now that we have the plan of attack, all we have to do is wait for the day!"

I fall back onto my back and groan. "I'm so going to die..."

+++++++++++++++++++++++

"Okay class, that's all we have for today." Miss R said as she collected the last of the papers and walked back to her desk. "Oh, Tessa?" She questions, causing me to freeze midway of slinging my bag over my shoulder.

"Uh... Yes?" I ask, aware of the eyes of students still waiting to leave the room.

"Can I see you after class? I have some extra credit work for you." She tells me sweetly.

I nod my head and hang my bag off my shoulder as I walk to the front and wait patiently on a desk.

Will walks past me, and we make eye contact as he does so. I silently ask him 'what now' and he silently responds 'I'll be at the door'.

I roll my eyes as he leaves and the door closes behind him.

Overthinking ninny.

"So, Miss R, what do ya need?" I ask her chirpily.

She gives me a small smile and she pulls a drawer out behind her desk. "Well, I thought I would get you something that would bring a little extra luck to you this Saturday-'cause you'll need a whole lot of it." She tells me, pulling a deep blue velvet box out and shutting the door.

I raise an eyebrow at her as she extends her arm, holding the box out to me. "Uh... what is this?" I ask her warily, not use to the idea of receiving gifts.

She chuckles and shakes her head as she gestures for me to take the box. "Why don't you open it and find out?" She suggests to me with humor in her voice.

"Why don't you open it and find out." I mimic her in a high pitched voice.

Smack!

"Ow!" I yelp, rubbing the back of my head and wincing when I touch the spot that Miss R smacked.

"Don't sass me young lady." She scolds, pointing an accusing finger at me while giving me her best stink eye.

I hold my hands up in surrender, one of them still holding the velvet box. "Okay, okay. No need to get violent here. Gosh." I reply playfully.

She sighs, places a hand on her hip, and pinches the bridge of her nose. "Dear Lord, please help me not to strangle this child." She mutters to the big man upstairs.

I chuckle as I open the box absentmindedly. As soon as I see the contents of it, a sharp gasp escapes my lips. I look up at Miss R will wide eyes before glancing back down at the box.

This goes on for a little bit.

Look at box.

Look at Miss R.

Look back down at box to make sure contents don't magically disappear.

Repeat process.

Eventually, tears well up in my eyes as I look at Miss R and give her the biggest smile I can conjur. "Miss R..." I choke on a sob as she smiles at me and walks up to me, pulling me into a hug. "I don't know what to say." I whimper as tears fall down my cheeks.

She smiles at me and takes the box, setting it down on the desk before taking out it's content.

"Tessa, as you know, this was your mother's." She tells me, lifting the dark sapphire pendant from the box.

It was a sapphire diamond that was round and had a half-inch diameter. It was encircled by a silver cover, that had many different designs and swirls that you could see the diamond through. The pendant rested simply on a silver chain.

"I thought that Jill threw it away..." I say numbly, fingering the pendant and looking up at Miss R with tear filled eyes.

She shakes her head and gestures for me to turn around. "No," she says as I turn my back to face her, "I managed to save it before she did so. She eventually thought that it was lost, and I have been waiting for the right time to give it to you. It was your mother's request." She says, clamping the necklace to hand on my neck.

I turn around, holding the pendant in my hand as I look up from it to smile at Miss R. "Thank you..." I breathe, pulling her into a right hug. "Thank you so much." I mumble, sniffling a little for effect.

"You're mother always believed it had special powers, that it brought good things. That when bad things happen, it would somehow help you pull out the good. I think with this competition and Jordan's ridiculous plan," we both chuckle, "you're going to need all the help you can get." She tells me.

I grin and nod my head. "Yea, most definitely."

She smiles and places a hand on my shoulder. "Just promise me one thing, okay?"

"Sure, anything." I tell her honestly.

She gives me a mischievous grin, and says something you wouldn't expect to come out of any teachers mouth.

"Make sure to kick their asses."

+++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++

Wew! There it is! I finally got a chapter in!

I know I know, I am like hecka late.

But in my defense, LIFE IS FREAKING CRAZY.

But hey, I still wrote the chapter!

Vote/Comment/Follow