Chapter 4

Francisca's POV

The next day, I FaceTimed Lori and Jenny and told them what happened at the donut shop and they haven't stopped laughing since.

"Will you guys stop?" I ask, annoyed

"Sorry sorry" Lori says, "it's just that I was right and you acted like a fool", she keeps laughing.

I roll my eyes at her

"But seriously tho" Jenny starts "the universe is sending you a message to go reunite with the your long lost family! You have to listen to the universe!"

I sigh "it was just a crazy coincidence that's all" I say

"A really crazy coincidence" Lori says "and on your first day in New York too"

"I'm telling you it's the UNIVERSE" Jenny repeats.

"Look it's probably not gonna happen again" I say

They both look at me like I'm delusional.

Maybe I am, i don't know.

Maybe there is a very big possibility that I'll be seeing Dan again or Ivan or maybe even my dad.

But do I want to?

Just the thought of seeing them again makes me incredibly nervous.

But the thought of never seeing them again makes me......disappointed? Sad?

I think I have to figure out what I want to do about this, if I'm just going to ignore my family being in the same city I am or if I'm going to do something about it.

I hear Matt calling me down for dinner. So, I end the conversation and say my goodbyes and head down.

******

Daniel's POV

It's the first day of school today.

Senior year babyyyy!

It's exciting to think that I only have one year left in high school.

Ivan and I are currently sitting in the Kitchen having breakfast with dad.

He's been acting weird for a few days now.

He is....I don't know, suddenly interested in everything we do? Nosey?......more involved?

He has been having a change of attitude since Ivan got caught coming home late from a party.

It wasn't really a big deal to me, to us.

We've done that kind of thing thousands of times before.

And I'm pretty sure dad was aware of it and had people keep an eye on us from afar too, to be safe.

I have a feeling dad now knows where Ivan exactly was and what part of town he has been hanging out in.

And it's not like I'm any better.

It really was the first time dad had been home early since...well, since Fran left.

Maybe dad realized that he hadn't been paying much attention to the children he does have under his roof.

Took him long enough.