Chapter 19

Francisca's POV

Life is going great. Actually, it's going fantastic! Matt told me that I'm okay to stay with him, that dad approved. I reconnected with my dad and Dan and spend time with them all the time now! Just yesterday I hung out with Matt a bit. And Matt and I are invited to dinner at my dad's house after school today! Everything is perfect!

Well.....except for one thing. Ivan still hasn't talked to me. I tried to have a conversation with him every chance I got but he always ignores me. It hurts but I guess I do deserve it. I hurt him too with my secrets.

I'm in school right now, with Violet in the cafeteria. I'm staring at my brothers table once again. I talked to Dan today and he just told me to the same thing Matt had told me about Ivan. To just give him time and he'll eventually come around, they all say that whenever I bring it up, but as I'm staring at my brothers table, well actually staring at Ivan, I'm not okay with waiting, I want to talk to him, I want to apologize and waiting is killing me.

"You're staring again". Violet says pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Huh what?" I say as I turn my head towards her.

She looks at me, "go talk to him". She says.

I shake my head. "I can't, he doesn't want to talk, I have to respect that".

"not talking is badly affecting you both, my mom said so".

I raise my eyebrows at her.

"What?" She asks.

I groan.

At the end of the day, I spot Dan and Ivan together probably waiting to be picked up.

I smile and go towards them. They both spot me and a big smile appears on Dan's face welcoming me. Ivan, however, rolls his eyes and leaves as I approach. Can't say I'm not hurt by that, but I guess it's to be expected.

Dan and I follow him with our eyes until he takes a turn and disappears from our sight.

Dan sighs and then looks at me sympathetically. Then opens his arms and hugs me.

He squeezes then lets go.

"You coming home with me today?" He asks.

I shake my head. "Not today, I'm gonna go with Matt home first then we'll both come to your house for dinner".

Dan nods then he gets a weird look on his face like he just had some kind of idea.

"Hey, how about I go to your apartment with you?" He asks.

I raise my eyebrows "really?"

He nods "yeah! It could be fun?"

I smile and nod excitedly.

But.

"will Ivan be okay?"

Dan rolls his eyes, "he'll be fine, he can go home without me" he says and I nod hesitantly.

Soon enough Matt's car appears in front of us and he smiles. Suddenly I'm nervous. This is the first time Dan and Matt are gonna meet, properly this time, they might have an actual conversation. I gulp and look at Dan but he just smiles at me and gestures for us to go towards the car.

I climb in the back seat which is unusual as I always sit in the front and Dan climbs shortly after.

I see Matt tense, he must be nervous too.

"Oh hello Daniel". Matt says. "Nice to see you again".

Dan nods "yeah you too".

"Dan is coming home with us today". I tell Matt and he nods.