chapter 02

It was raining outside, a girl is standing near a window of her house looking at the rain. Her favourite weather which usually gave her calmness in the noise of her thoughts. But today even this rain is unable to silence the storm going on inside her.

Pakhi- Aaru di , dadi maa is calling you.

Arohi- tell her i am coming pakhu.

Its okay Arohi , you can do it for dadi maa. After so many years she has asked you something,  you can surely fulfill her wish. Yes Arohi you can do that. After her little mental prep session, Arohi went to her dadi maa's room. Her dadi was sitting on her bed , looking exhausted and tired. Arohi felt a pang in her heart seeing her condition.

Arohi-  you called me Dadi Maa.

Dadi- yes beta come here, sit with me i want to talk with you.

Arohi- dadi maa , please don't stress yourself whatever you have decided for me , i know it will be best for me.

Dadi- Aaru meri bachi first come here.

Aarohi sit besides her dadi, her petite small frame was trembling from all the emotions which was going through her. She was never the strong one to conceal and hide her emotions. Anyone can tell what she is feeling from just one glimpse of her face.

Dadi- Aaru i know you have many questions , and i will answer each of them because i dont want my child to suffer anymore. Aaru bache you know Prithviraj Randhawa was your father's childhood friend. They were inseparable in their childhood, always use to be together everywhere and anywhere they go. But not all things remain same right, as they grow up the burden  of responsibilities took over their innocence and their become busy in their respective life. Soon Prithvi was announced the king of Madhavgarh.
You know Aaru that day your father distributed sweets in the whole village, he was so happy , he danced all night. That day Prithvi came to meet his friend who was like a brother to him. He told him about his marriage and asked him to come. Soon Ptithvi got married to Nandini and they had their first son Veer Randhawa.
But your father my child , he was the most stubborn man on this planet, so many times i tried to pursue him to get married but every time he replied the same answer.  Shaadi toh main usi se karunga maa jo mera dil jeet legi sirf ek nazar main..

Aarohi and pakhi laughed , listening to cliche line which her father used to speak.

You know prithvi and Nandini, both used to make fun of your father. But soon your father also fell in love , yes bache it was your mother , who bought your father on his knees.

Aarohi was feeling happy and emotional listening to her parents love story. She had seen her parents happiness with each other. And pakhi well she always was a fan of her chachu and chachi 's love story.

And then you entered in their life, the little bundle of joy, you know it was Nandini who took you first in her hands. You soon become your parents aakhon ka tara. Nandini and prithvi always adored you . One day Nandini promised your mother that you will become her daughter in law. And you know who told her to say that....

Aarohi looks towards her dadi maa ,

Pakhi- uuffoo dadi, please now dont create any suspense and batao

Dadi- she laughed seeing how inpatient her both daughters are , so she told them. It was veer Arohi, yes Veer. Veer was always very possessive for you even when his brother used to play with you, he with his silence ask them to be careful with you. I know now you all are grown up. And after your parents dead, you came here with me , but nandini  didn't forgot her promise. Aarohi I am not asking you to give your answer right away neither i am asking you to say yes because of me. Bache i only want you to think for this proposal. Nandini and prithvi is like your second parents , they will love you like their own daughter. And about veer , beta he is coming tomorrow to meet you. After meeting him you can take your decision but dont ever think that this marriage is my wish, no this marriage should be your wish too.

Hearing this Aarohi was shocked all colour drained from her face.  Veer ji is coming and that to meet her. On the other hand Pakhi was standing with open mouth. Soon she panicked

Pakhi-what jiju is coming tomorrow.  Oh god Dadi maa you should have told us before. Hey krishna , there is so much to do, what will di wear tomorrow,  what about her makeup and hair and what about

Dadi- shant meri shatabdi shant. Dont worry about all these things our Aaru dont need any of these products as her beauty is her simplicity.

Pakhi- dadi but still we need to prepare lunch for them i mean they are from rajkharana, will they like our food.

Dadi- Aaru beta plss ise yahan se leke jaa apne saath saath yeh mjhe bhi stress de degi. And pakhi dont worry about anything sab kuch tyaar ho jayega.

Aaru- ji dadi maa, chal pakhu.

Aarohi literally dragged Pakhi out of the room. 

Di are you nervous, i know di what you must be feeling but from what dadi told i think this proposal is best for you.

Aaru look towards her pakhu and hug her. I dont know Pakhu. Meri duniya sirf tu aur dadi hi hain. Tum dono ko choddkar main kaise jau.

Hearing this even pakhi got tears in her eyes. Yes for her it was always her dadi and Aaru di.
Both sisters went to their room with many thoughts in their mind.