CHAPTER 5

Cara

Turns out what is still making me sick is the restaurant right outside my apartment building. The smell of pancakes, hamburgers and seafood is just… Let's just say those past two weeks weren't that great for me, but neither for Aidan, who's been by my side every second since the day I had a cold. 

"What are you doing here? Not that I’m complaining, and that was one hell of an enjoyable hello, but is everything okay?"

The "hello" Aidan is talking about is the kiss I just have him right in front of his teammates. 

"Um. No, not really. Can we talk?"

"Yeah. Of course baby."
____________________________________________

Aidan

She blushes and sucks her bottom lip in between her teeth.

Yeah…she liked the kiss. Good. I plan on doing it again before she leaves. This time we’ll have privacy.

"So. What do you need?"

"Don’t be mad at me, okay?"

"What’s wrong?" I lean forward, my hand finding hers. I can feel the scowl forming and the heat in my chest. No good news ever starts with "Don’t be mad."

"I said you can’t be mad," she squeaks, standing in front of me. "I didn’t mean to hide it from you, but I didn’t want you worrying, and you’ve done so much for me."

I throw my hand out and cup the back of her neck, pulling her in so quickly she falls, slamming her hands against my chest. "What’s wrong, shortcake?"

"I threw up again today," she says, "I threw up again and I’ve been doing it for the last two weeks and I think the meds aren't working."

Damn, she can ramble. A weight loosens from my chest as she does it, and whatever I thought she was going to say, this isn’t nearly as bad. I pull her to me, slowly, tilting my lips up letting her know what’s coming right before I seal her lips to mine.

"Mmh," she says, silenced by my kiss.

I keep us steady, our lips pressed against each other, until her shoulders slump and her fingers loosen their hold from my shirt.

"Okay," I whisper, brushing my lips against hers. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, it’s just a pain."

"But why didn’t you tell me?"

 "You’re doing too much. I didn’t want to worry you, and I kept thinking it would get better."

"And it’s not."

"No. I think it’s the restaurant outside. All the smells." Her nose scrunches up and she gags. "I can’t hide from it, even with all my windows closed."

Ohh I see…I like where this is going…

"So you want to ask me…" I let my voice trail off, arching my brows. I know exactly what she needs and it’s exactly what she doesn’t want to ask for.

Fucking finally. I’ve got her.

She rolls her wonderfully blue eyes. "I'm wondering if I can move in with you." Her eyes jump to mine and she lifts her hands. "Just until I’m feeling better."

"Sure."

"Yeah?"

"Of course. But just until you're feeling better." I crack a smile and she playfully hits my shoulder.

"I already regret this." She mumbles.

"Look, I really like you. I really liked that kiss you gave me when you saw me. I want more of them. A lot more of the kisses and a lot more of other things too, but you already know that. I like that you felt you could come to me for help, and yes, I’m glad you’re moving in with me—"

"Until I’m feeling better."

Not in her damn life is she moving back.

"Okay." I  say, showing her I don’t believe a word she’s saying.

"Aida—" she starts to say. I recognize the tone.

I don’t let her argue.

I seal her lips to mine and I kiss her.

When we pull back, I just stare into her eyes and wish for a view like these for the rest of my life. Cara Davis is my favorite view.
____________________________________________

Cara

"I ordered pizza. It should be here in thirty minutes."

"Thanks."

Aidan sits down on the couch next to me and hands me a bottle of water. Reluctantly, I remove my hand from where I’ve been resting it on Kitty’s head, which she has perched on my lap, and take the water.

It's been almost a week since me and shrimp got a new home and it's been fantastic. Morning sickness is long gone and I'm finally enjoying pregnancy and the small bump I have.

We're actually leaving for Seattle in two days, for Aidan’s hockey match. So that means he'll get to meet my family and that the shrimp will be acknowledged by them. My parents are pretty chill so a child before marriage shouldn't be that much of a problem. I can't wait to tell my sister who is a mom herself. She's four years older than me and already has two kids, one toddler and a newborn. Guess mine will be the newest addition of the fam.

My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door. Aidan’s has a full security system so that doesn't really make sense.

"Hey babe, can you get that? I'm going to take a shower before the food arrives." Aidan shouts so I can't do anything else but to stand up from the couch and go check the door.

As I open the door I'm shocked to see a stunning young woman staring right at me with wide brown eyes.

So, I ask her: "I'm sorry but um…who are you?"

"Oh, hi there. I'm Sarah, Aidan’s fiancée. And you must be the new maid?"

Wait. . .what!? His damn what!?