Chapter 31 ~ Dead

The trumpet buzzing sound was heard where we were settled on the seat and the princes were on the ground

"The next and last stage of this day is to be announced. Before that, the main consorts are requested to come to the ground and join with their lawfully wedded husbands.", The head soldier announced and I have no clue why we were asked to settled on the ground.

"It's going to be something interesting for sure..", Keerthana said and I nodded agreeing.

In total, 12 main consorts of the princes reached the ground and settled with their princes. I went near Arjun as he circled his arms around my waist.

I smiled at him where he reciprocated it.

"You all know how much importance I give to married life. I want my sons respect their wives and treat them equally as them.", The emperor's voice echoed through the whole stadium.

I was anxious about what was coming up. I wasn't prepared of anything but having Arjun beside me is giving me a little bit of courage that I haven't got all these days.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

"Don't worry. I'll not let you get hurt in any ways.", He whispered across my ears which sent shivers down my spine.

In a fraction of second, I jerked seeing the arrow coming towards me. I stumbled on Arjun's chest where he caught the arrow before it gets stuck in my eye.

My breathing became unever and I was scared.

"Don't worry. I'm here for you. Just relax!", He said as many arrow came towards the ground.

With me in his arms, he extended the string near our face and left the arrow where it got stuck in a big soldier doll. I was confused why everyone was aiming at the soldier doll.

"If you look at the doll precisely, there's a hole in the forehead of the doll which is aiming arrows at us..", he said.

Just then, I looked at the forehead of the doll where arrows were coming from. I was shocked to see an arrow coming towards me. I felt him circle his arms around mine.

I turned back and saw the arrow which was stuck in his bicep. Blood was oozing out where tears rolled down my cheeks.

He took out the arrow from his hand with a great deal of effort and aimed at the soldier doll with me in his arms.

I was feeling bad for his arm. Tears struck in my eyes which threatened to fall. I felt a finger brush my cheek wiping my tears off. I realised he was wiping of my tears even though he was in an critical situation.

I didn't have a glance at how others are doing because all I want is to get out alive from this ground. Arjun aimed another arrow towards the doll and it got stuck in the forehead of the soldier doll and the arrows which was coming towards us stopped.