Chapter 35 ~ Arrow

After Tamizh left, finally the palace came back to peaceful state

After Tamizh left, finally the palace came back to peaceful state. If this dynasty or kingdom gets destroyed, I can surely tell it's because of them.

They are having vengence on each other till the extend they could kill for their sake of ego.

It's good that I let it go for now because, the more I try, the more they fight. I have planned on going to my palace next week. I know Aarthi would be there but still I can't stay without visiting my parents and brother because of her.

All I have to do now is, ask permission from Arjun to go there. I hated the fact that I have to ask permission from Arjun for everything but what can I do when this place is so strict than military.

I went towards his study where I saw him examining a blood stained knife. I have no idea who the knife belonged to but was really scared to see the real blood.

"What are you doing there? Come in.", He asked without even looking.

"Uhh, what about- I mean, can we go to my palace next week?", I asked standing in the entrance. He placed the bloodied knife back in the table and turned to me.

"Come to me..", he said and I frowned.

"But, I asked you-"

"I said come to me..", he repeated. I walked towards him and he circled his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

"You're not worried that you'd have to face Aarthi?", He asked.

"Why I have to be worried? I mean, you're with me and I don't want to be afraid that-"

"I didn't mean that. I mean, will you not be jealous that I have to meet Aarthi again?", He asked directly.

Just a bit..

"Maybe, I am.. but, I couldn't keep myself from meeting my parents just for that reason.", I said. I avoided Tamizh's conversation because I know it wouldn't end up well.

"What about when I'm with my concubines or other woman?", He asked and I looked at him for once.

There might be a lot of incorrect activities and practices in this era like child marriage, polygamy and sati. But, it doesn't required to be practiced in love.

Maybe, I started loving him that I'm jealous?

Love is always the same. It can be any place or any era. Love always had the same meaning.

"Yeah, I was always..", I said truthfully.

"And, why didn't you tell me that you were jealous?", He asked.

"I- how could I?", I asked back.

"You should, Thea. When you're my wife, you can share everything with me and you know that, right?"

"Yeah, but, I couldn't bring myself to tell that.", I said.

"From now onwards, it's just you and me. Is that okay with you?", He asked and I took a couple seconds to process what he actually mentioned me.