9

Dani POV

Going home was very difficult after leaving the café, it was just too much to bear.

I know feeling this way would be weird, but it wasn't stopping either. I couldn't even call John to come pick me up, I just wanted to keep walking till I couldn't anymore.

I and John had already become very close friends. I also introduced him to Spencer and Harley on facetime and let's just say Spencer is already head over heels for him. Luckily for her, he also feels the same way.

But I can't say that for myself. The pain I was feeling was something I couldn't bear.

As I kept walking, a car pulled over in front of me and stopped.

"Get in D. You can't walk to your cabin looking this way" I heard John voice say.

John also helped me get a very nice apartment that wasn't too big and quite comfortable. What made it so much better was that, it wasn't far from the training ground. So it was very easy to get to there even if I woke up late maybe because I was thinking of her.

I just got in and started crying my eyes out.

John reached over and hugged me.

"It's alright D. Let it all out, no matter what it is" he said.

I couldn't stop the flow of tears coming out of my eyes while John kept holding me.

I stopped crying, but that didn't stop me from replaying what she said and the expression on her face.

"What happened? And don't say nothing because I know something is definitely up" he said.

I then told him everything that happened after he dropped me off earlier that day.

"Woah girllll.... I told you to be careful not fall in love already" he said while smirking.

"Stop it John. She doesn't even swing that way. Besides even if she does, she made it clear where I stood with her" I said looking sad again.

"Come on D, she's clearly into you. She's just in a state of denial that she feels pushing you away is the best option. All you just need to do is to be patient with her, so she can figure it out herself."

I decided not talk much but I hoped that John was right.

"Be good and try not to think about it too much, ok?" he said as he was dropping me off.

"I would try but I can't promise" I replied.

"Give her time, she would come around. I would see tomorrow."

He had made himself my personal driver with no reason why. He kept saying it's to keep me safe, I just chose not to argue with him.

I waved at him and he waved back before he zoomed off.

What a wonderful day it has been

I thought as I got inside. I wasn't really hungry so I decided to head to bed to catch some sleep.

I woke up to a knock on my door that wasn't stopping. I wonder who it was because I can't remember ordering anything.

"I'm coming" I said.

As I opened the door, I saw Lex standing there looking so nervous and cute at the same time. I also saw her checking me out which I found really adorable.

"Hi. Not that I'm not pleased with your presence, but what do you want?" I asked.

"I....uhmm... I j....just came to t.....talk" she stuttered which was so cute.