Chapter 2: We're the same!

Maria was currently reading over the reports from Doctor Charles and the police on the Twins. The more she read the more dark and depressing it got. If the Twins were to get adopted, the parents would need to be capable of giving everything those kids need to heal. She needs to make sure these kids will get parents that will be able to provide for a child with higher needs. It was clear from these reports that these children would need to re-learn everything they know and be re-introduced to the world. They need lots of love, patience, and time to adjust to this completely new environment. Most parents that come through this orphanage aren't equipped nor able to take care of a child with higher needs, so Maria really needed to work hard at finding the twins good parents for them.

As Maria debated different ways she could make the kids' stay here more comfortable while she tries finding them a good family, a young woman entered her office. 

"Ms. M?"

"oh-OH my goodness Ms. Albrecht! I've completely forgotten about our meeting today, I truly apologize"

"Oh no worries, I understand you must be busy! I heard you got some new kids come in yesterday"

Ms. Albrecht was one of the orphanage's sponsors and one of the most powerful woman in the world. Ms. Albrecht was a businesswoman who owned many successful businesses and could completely control the media towards her favour. Her husband Mr. Albrecht was a famous actor whose skills were known as "world-class". Not only that but their children were known as geniuses, with the oldest excelling in the field of medicine, the second son being famous for his singing and genius lyric writing and finally, the youngest a great inventor whom people say can make anything out of nothing. Needless to say, the Albrecht were a powerful and terrifying family.

"Right. So you've said you needed to speak to me about something...?"

"Yes! I and my husband are planning to adopt a new member into the family, he will however be a bit late to this appointment I'm afraid"

"Gosh! That's such a surprise! W-well we can start by getting you acquainted with the children? This is such a huge surprise, I'm delighted you've chosen this orphanage"

"Thank you, that would be wonderful"

                                                                                        ...

The twins were watching the window in their room. The kids outside played and laughed but it made 12 and 11 uncomfortable to be around so many people. Ms. Maria did tell them that they didn't need to do anything they didn't feel comfortable doing. 12 watched the kids play outside. He thought they were... strange. He had never seen anyone laugh as easily as they do, they laugh every day. Why were they so happy?? 11 rested his head in his brother's shoulder, He knew 12 was intrigued by the people here. 11 however couldn't care less about anyone except his brother. He just needed to know who was a threat and who to keep an eye on. The twins watched the children play outside until Maria and another woman approached the children. The woman with Maria had flaming red hair and wore a black suit. She stood out. 12 inched closer to the window feeling himself growing more and more curious towards the woman.

                                                                                              *** 

Ms. Albrecht talked with the children one by one, trying to get to know them. Then something caught her eyes. A pair of identical-looking kids were looking out the window towards her. Ms. Albrecht gave them a small wave which one of them reciprocated while the other simply kept staring at her. 'Who are those children?' Ms. Albrecht wondered. It seemed that her staring made them feel uncomfortable, they quickly disappeared into the room leaving the window empty. She was about to ask Maria about the twins when her phone rang. She smiled looking at the caller ID and picked it up.