Chapter 1

My dad never liked me.

He never played with me, not even talked to me. Everyone always said that it was because of his job and that he does not have time, but I think It's because mom died giving birth to me.

I could not blame him though, if I lost Mr. Berry because of other person, I would not want to see them too, instead I would hit them if I liked violence.

I always heard servants talking to each other about how I look like my mom, blonde curly hair, round hazel eyes and small nose, white soft skin. I even tried touching my skin just to check if it really was soft as they said, but it was not. It might be because I was used to it.

I liked reading. I really like reading. My dad hates that I read books. He does not say it, but I always notice that one firm look on his face every time he sees me reading. I am already big enough to understand that eight years old kid, obsessed with reading, will archive many things in future. However, I just do not understand why he hates books that much.

I found out about our huge library in the house when I was seven. By that time, it was all dusty and full of spiders. As seven years old, I already knew many words in English, but I still could not understand most of them, because books were in English and it was hard to read. I could not ask servants about them, because they only knew Italian. I could have asked my dad's men about it, but one time dad strictly warned me not to talk to them. So only person helping me out with the new English words is my English teacher, Ms. Dona.

I was studying at home, because dad said so. When I found out that there is a thing called school, I begged him to let me go there, but he still did not. I did not understand and I still do not understand why, because dad only says yes or no. Moreover, believe me, when he says it once, it should be enough. One time, I remember servant disagreeing with dad about his payment, he received a blue eye, and I never saw him again. I never liked that servant anyways; he was always giving me mean looks. The thing I saw made me understand one thing, never disagree with dad or make him repeat something.

There is a reason everyone is scared of him and sometimes even me. But sometimes.

I always wonder would he hit me if I disagree with him too.

"Little sir, your next lesson is about to start in 5 minutes. Are you prepared?" Leona asked. Leona is my favorite servant, I get to see her only at Fridays though, and we even play together if she is not too busy.

"Okay I will grab my books first, "I told her and she left. Now was about to start my favorite subject, English. Mostly I like English, because Ms. Dona is nice to me and she is very smart person. She always knew things, which I did not understand in books.

After I grabbed my book and other important things, I started to search for my pen. I could not seem to find it anywhere. I looked under the bed, checked every drawer, but still nowhere. I needed a pen to write down meanings of new words.

I was about to give up, but then remembered that my dad probably has one too. Walking out from my bedroom, I decided to run straight towards my dad's office to ask him for a pen. He was always in his office in the mornings, than he always went to somewhere I was not supposed to know.

*knock knock*

I knocked on the door first, because others always did that when they wanted to go in dad's office. When no answer came, I called out his name and opened the door. "Papa?" I said and walked inside seeing all of his elegant stuff in his room.

Dad's office room was huge. It was dark blue with thin golden decorations on the walls. There was a huge window in the front and that was it what made the room not that dark as it was.

Looking around the office, I could not seem to find dad anywhere. Maybe he went to work early.

I was about to walk out, but then I saw golden shiny sticks on his desk.

Pens!

Leaving the door open, I walked back to the desk climbing on a chair so that I could reach them. Placing the books on it, I crawled on the big desk, grabbing one of the golden pens. Whoa. It was so sparkly and shiny. However, it was very heavy so I wondered how dad wrote with it, it would be impossible for me to write with such a heavy pen.

I was about to put it back, but then I felt someone move in front of me and I was met with dad's dark green eyes. Oh no.