Chapter 6

*knock Knock*

"Come in" I heard a deep husky voice coming out from papa's office. I slowly opened the door clutching the book in my hand tightly.

"Good morning papa" I muffled quietly waiting for him to give me another approval to walk in fully. Dad nodded at me and continued to look through some papers. I quickly closed the door behind me and sat on the leather chair.

It was so comfortable.

After yesterday's events I woke up in papa's bed. He had left the bedroom already. It was embarrassing. I'm such a coward. Scared of a small lightning. Since Ms. Dona was not feeling well and I had new words to ask her. So since no one knows English except for dad. He is my only choice. But you know what. I think he is busy enough and he doesn't need any more burden.

I stood up and decided to leave quietly.

"Where are you going?" He suddenly spoke and I froze. Turning around I avoided his eye contact.

"U-um I remembered that I have some urgent matters to take care of" I answered lowering my head a little. He hummed and mentioned for me to come over to him with his finger. I didn't dare to think anymore and quickly shuffled to him. Dad doesn't like waiting.

What is he going to do? Did he get irritated with me? Maybe he wants to yell at me because of my actions yesterday.

I stared at his face features. Papa was so hard to read. He always had the same cold eyes and stone face. Only few weeks ago I was that small smile which disappeared in a second. Was he always like this? I think he turned like this after my mom died.

"Give me the book" he said and I quickly put it in front of him. Do not irritate him. He will get mad.

Papa flipped through the pages until he reached the new words I underlined. I watched him take one of his pens and he wrote some Italian definitions of English words which I did not understand.

"P-papa you don't have to! I know you are busy-"

"Quiet" he said his Italian accent rolling off his tongue. He finished quickly and I couldn't help but stare at his beautiful handwriting.

"Thank you papa" I said as he hand me the book.

He just hummed and stared at me. I awkwardly shuffled from my one feet to another. However, I don't think he was feeling awkward.

"Matthias" He suddenly spoke and I quickly yelped out a yes catching him off guard. I saw a tiniest smile for his face and he got back to his work looking through papers.

"I will be leaving papa" I said and walked towards the door and his voice suddenly stopped me.

"Be ready in an hour. You will be coming with me" I froze. Dad was going to bring me with him to his work. I think being in a mafia is so cool and I always wanted him to take me with him. I can't believe this was happening.

"yes! Yes I will be" I said happily and ran out from his office to my bedroom. I can't believe this is happening.