chapter¹⁰

guests at the ball

guests at the ball

warning: suicidal thoughts?, angst

🍪¬*.*'_*°.•~°°'°<•.**•**^*''¬~-°°°*'*¬'^.*'*•*🍪

authors pov

10:37 AM. MUSTAFA, JAPAN

"shoto's coming over," izuku says, looking at the blue and white letter. the royal colours of the todoroki family. "for the wedding. him and his family,"

"not the half and half bastard," katsuki groans as he's lying on the grass near the pond, a book on his face covering his eyes. izuku and him did go to that pond more often and that made y/n and the pond very happy. "does he have to?"

"why do you even hate him kacchan?" izuku asks, writing down shoto's family name on his scroll with a feather dipped with ink. "shoto's nice; he's funny,"

"and stupid,"

"i'm sure he's smarter than you," izuku tuts, looking at the next letter. katsuki rolls his eyes under the book. "damn..."

"what?" katsuki says, looking up, the book falling from his face.

"y/n's coming," he says. "as a guest, not to serve the food at her bakery". izuku writes y/n's family name down on the scroll. "what do you think she's going to wear?"

"aren't you engaged to princess ochaco?" katsuki asks, raising his eyebrow.

"shit, yeah i am," izuku says, taking the next piece of paper. "eijiro's coming too~"

katsuki starts to blush, putting the book back on his face.

"yeah and?"

"don't you miss him?" izuku says, lightly kicking katsuki's shin. katsuki scowls, putting his middle finger up at izuku. spring is finally here, meaning hybrids like eijiro can finally come back to towns and villages as it is warm enough. katsuki hasn't seen him in a whole season; which is forever to him. "you miss, don't you?"

"shut up, nerd," katsuki says. "i'm busy,"

"what? brooding?" katsuki takes a knife from his knife holder, which is on his thigh, throwing the knife at izuku. izuku catches it, seconds, mili-seconds even, before it touches his face. "you're getting slower,"

"or you're just getting lazy," katsuki grumbles, reading his book. izuku rolls his eyes with a laugh.

🍪

"you want me to wear this?" y/n asks her father. he smiles, tears wanting to fall from his face. her mothers wedding graces y/n's body. a deep emerald green. "you want me to wear this for the prince's party? but it's..." y/n spins around seeing the amount of layers on the dress; both silk and cotton. it would takes yuga months to complete a dress like this.

"your mother's wedding dress," jason says. he nods, crossing his chubby arms. "she would have wanted you to wear it,"

tears big thick tears fall from y/n's face as jason hugs his daughter. she grabs onto his shoulders as she cries into them.  the root in y/n's hair turns into a purple hyacinth; a flower to represent sadness. 

"i miss her, i miss and i don't even know her," y/n says. "this isn't fair; i wanna get to know her. i shouldn't have been born. i wish i died instead of her,"

"now why would you wish that?" jason asks. "she choose you okay? she choose you to live on and be her legacy. she choose you because she loves you and she's still alive,"

"no, she's dead,"

"no, she's alive in you," jason says, smiling at his daughter. "i see her in you. and i know you will one day too. your mother, dia ember, was a strong women. nothing as ever stopped her. she was smart, funny, beautiful-"

"she held herself up with such confident," hunter says, walking into room. "i thought she was royalty when i first met her. i even had a crush on her,"

"wow," y/n laughs, rubbing her nose. "both of my dad's liked my mother? weirdos,"

"hush up," hunter says. "we're trying to be good parents,"

"saying that doesn't make us good parents," jason says, looking at hunter. hunter chuckles, rubbing the back off his neck. y/n looks between her dads with a tear stained smile on her face. she turns back and looks in the mirror. 

"i miss you mama," the purple hyacinth shrivels up and turns in a gardenia. a flower to represent family.