Chapter 26

THIRD PERSON POV

The couple strode at a leisurely pace down the hall of the Pack House, fingers waffled together between them.

Jax in particular was fighting a losing battle against his dick as they walked, hard as a rock and resisting the overwhelming urge to turn his head and stare shamelessly at the love of his life.

Their meeting at the Diner was nothing short of wildly eventful, and after the group of friends finished gawking at the bomb that Tyrus had so casually dropped, they had descended into a pleasant stream of conversation while everyone ate.

As the day transpired and their time together came to a close, Jax couldn't help but think of how wonderful it was to have friends - true friends - again. The Beta couldn't even remember a time where he'd felt so uninhibited, so light, carefree and content as he simply enjoyed being there; fully present in that moment.

Jax's stomach and heart were so full that he thought they might burst, but now, there was a different kind of fullness that the smaller man craved - one that made him walk a little funny as he pressed his thighs together in search of much-needed friction.

He shook his head, attempting to clear it just enough to see through that rapidly descending haze of lust, knowing that now was not the time. He couldn't be horny, at least not yet.

Not until he'd finished the very last - and most important - apology on today's agenda.

The two men were closing in on the door to their shared bedroom - getting closer by the second - and the smaller of the two heaved out a breath as he realized that it was now or never, because the moment we were through that door, he was undoubtedly going to ride the absolute meat off of his mate's dick.

Pausing mid-stride, Jax waited patiently until their arms stretched to the limit between them and Corey turned around, staring with a curious glint in his eye.

"Are you alright, beautiful?" The Alpha inquired, arms slacking as he crossed the few strides back toward his mate. Despite Jax's ample progress and healing over the past few months, Corey still remained on edge, unable to suppress the instinct - the searing need - to furiously worry about his mate's well-being.

Just the thought of his resilient mate suffering even a stubbed toe in his presence made him want to punch something... repeatedly.

Jax nodded, unable to keep the grin off of his freckled face as he tilted it up and up, trying to make up for the somewhat significant difference between his and Corey's height.

Corey's deep, brown eyes skimmed his mate's form like a hawk searching his territory, as if searching for a single hair out of place that would indicate his distress. Jax was quick to quell his worry, placing his free hand on top of the muscular pec that protected his Alpha's squishy little heart.

"I'm completely out of harm's way. No need to get your panties up in a twist, mister Alpha." The Beta tutted, not missing the flash of silver that overcame Corey's eyes and the ripple of his sinewy muscles the very moment that he addressed him as his title.

The larger man had to take some deep breaths to settle Dashiell as he held his mate's hand in an increasingly pressurized grip. Once silver finally settled, giving way to those perfect brown depths, Jax continued.

"I'm just... I'm not done with my apologies. Not yet. Not until I've apologized to you." He breathed. The Beta was struggling to maintain eye contact due to a new onset of nerves, but forced himself to maintain the connection.

It was stupid, really. He knew that Corey would never judge him and there was absolutely nothing to feel nervous about, but even still, his fingertips shook as he began.