17

After Naruto's pledge to protect the bridge builder, never let anyone protect him again, and... of course 'beat Sasuke' he turned around, back towards us.

"Don't worry, I'll be okay," he states while smiling, showing off the knife in his hand.

"Yeah, maybe from the poison, but not if you bleed out." I commented tiredly, so done with this already.

Everyone went comically silent, Naruto beginning to sweat bucket loads before...

"Ahhhhh! No no no no! I'm too young to die like this!" Naruto began to freak out.

"It's a good idea to stop the bleeding now," Kakashi sung, teasing Naruto.

"Gaaaaah!" Naruto only continued to scream. I rolled my eyes.

"Come here," I stated evenly, half surprised when he came over. I didn't think he'd be able to hear my voice over his own screaming, my voice is unfortunately quiet when I'm talking normally. I could change it, like how one puts on an accent, but that'd be too much work.

I pulled out some gauze, Kakashi hanging over my shoulder, I guess to make sure I wrap it right or something.

I look at his hand, the wound is already closing up.

I look towards Kakashi, who looks back at me for a moment, before going back to observing the wound. I then also turn back.

"Uh-uh-um! You guys have serious looks on your faces! What's going on!? Am I alright!? You're scaring me!" Naruto asks.

"You'll be fine!" Kakashi eye smiled, tapping my back. Well, more like poking, I guess to let me know to keep silent. Not that I'd say anything about it anyways.

I nodded, to let him know I understand, though to everyone else it looked as if I were only confirming Kakashi's words.

I quickly began to wrap his hand with the bandage. Not that there's much of a point in it anyways.

-

We're now currently in a boat, after having walked a while longer.

"Woah! It's huge!" Naruto shouted.

Heh- that's what she said.

Anyways, they're all sitting in the boat, I'm lying in it. Attempting to get some shut eye. I somehow managed to get Kakashi to let me use his leg as a pillow. Don't ask.

There's another reason I'm lying down. We're in the middle of deep waters. If you haven't noticed, I've never once mentioned even practicing water walking. And there is a reason for that.

I can't swim.

And with no one watching me train I could never practice without fear of falling in and drowning.

Don't laugh at me, I never had a reason to learn. My family didn't have a pool, and we never went anywhere with water I had to learn to swim. So I never had the chance to learn.

It's extremely embarrassing! I don't want to take any chances of falling in! It's literally my worst fear! Getting onto the boat was nerve racking enough, and doing it without any visable signs of distress was a challenge in its own... though I think Kakashi might suspect something.

"Shhh! Keep quiet! There's a reason we're traveling like this! No motor, and paddling, what if they hear us!" The boat driver whisper shouted, Naruto covered his mouth with his hand.

"Mr. Tazuna. You have some explaining to do," Kakashi stated, "the men who are after you, I need you to tell us why. Otherwise, I'll  have to end this mission when we drop you a shore," he threatened.