Chapter 10

I woke up and didn't see Lorenzo in the bed next to me. I looked at the time and it was 8:28. I decided to get up since he said today will be busy. 

I did my routine and once I was done someone knocked on the door. I allowed the person to come in and it was Maria, the lady that did my hair and makeup last time. 

"Hi Maria" I said politely.

"Hi Ma'am I'm here to get you ready for the engagement party" She said with a smile trying to hide her excitement. 

"You can call me Phoenix." 

"I don't know if boss-" She started saying and I cut her off

"Don't worry Lorenzo won't mind if I let you." I said. It was visible she was afraid of him. 

"Let's get ready then." She says

She hands me a beautiful dress and I go to put it on.

The dress was perfect for this occasion. Not too revealing but pretty. 

I sat on the chair for Maria to start doing my hair and makeup. When Lorenzo enters. 

"Hi gorgeous." He says maybe me shocked. But then I realised Maria was here that's why. 

"Hi handsome." I replied trying to look as natural as possible. 

I slightly cringed at my words, but I had no choice. 

He came towards me and he kissed my cheek.  

"You'll ruin my makeup." I said giggling trying control my blush. He then started kissing my forehead, nose, cheek, and all over my face. 

"Stop." I giggled lightly hitting his arm. He laughed and walked into the closet. 

Maria seemed shocked but pleased at the same time. 

"You're both cute together." She said checking to make sure Lorenzo didn't hear and I just smiled at her. 

Maria was finished with my hair and she leaves and I was left alone with Lorenzo

I couldn't help but blush at the thought of what he just did but Lorenzo's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. 

"You did good, just continue to act like that." Lorenzo says and I turn to face him. 

"How many people will be coming?" I ask Lorenzo. 

"Quite a lot, business partners and family members. So you must behave properly." He said. 

"I understand" I said. 

Lorenzo goes into the closet to change whilst I scroll on my phone. 

He comes out in a black suit with a hint of red to match my dress. His hair looking perfect as always. 

"Let's go" He says and I get up. He gestures to his arm for me to link mine with his. 

"Stay by my side, and only speak to the ladies. But there's need to get too comfortable with them." He said and I simply nod in agreement. 

We walk down the stairs and all eyes are on us and I suddenly feel intimidated. We enter the hall filled with people as Lorenzo's parents come and greet us first. 

"You look lovely Phoenix." Lorenzo's mom Stacy says and I reply with a thank you. 

The day goes on with us greeting people but I could feel someone's eyes on me making me uncomfortable. I ignored it at first but then I try to look around to see who but then I realise who is staring at me...

________________________________________________________________________________

Who do you think I staring at Phoenix? 

Could he/she try to harm her?