-Prologue-

Flashback:

     Thomas walked down the same white hallway as always, on his way towards the main observation lab where he would sit in a chair and watch kids get sent up into the maze.

     The whole idea was absurd and he had had enough. He had been working on getting some help, finally able to find a group of people willing so he and Evelyn started to gather any information they could get to them.

     The only downside is this place is completely locked down. You couldn't do anything aside from use the bathroom without being watched. It was truly hard to rebel against a force as strong as this one especially when you only have two people working on the inside.

     As he approached the room, he felt a pull on his arm and a hand covered his mouth as someone dragged him into a nearby room.

     He was confused at first but settled down his racing heartbeat as his eyes landed on Evelyn whose hand was still placed upon his mouth, her face contorted into a look of fear as she stared out the tinted window of the room as to see if anyone would pass by.

     Thomas grabbed her hand from his mouth and held it in his own as concern set in. "Hey, what's wrong?"

     "I did it." She muttered bringing her worried eyes back to the boy who stood a few inches taller than her.

     After the general look of confusion passed he finally caught onto what she had insinuated as his expression turned drastically downhill. "No. Ev, they weren't ready. They could easily find out we have something to do with it."

     "I know, I know. But she couldn't wait. That file was only available for a few hours but I didn't do a check around as I was downloading it. Someone was there and they're after me." Her voice had went up in pitch to its regular tone as she kept glancing out the door as fear settled in and crept through her skin.

     "Ev." Was all he could say. This was a really truly bad situation and he had no clue of a fix. "I-I don't know what to do."

     "No, I know. I just had to make sure I got to say goodbye before they take me away."

     "No."

     She shook her head as she grabbed his face and made him look into her petrified eyes. "Yes Thomas. It's going to happen. But listen, I got the file to her without it being detected. You can still do this okay? You can do this without me."

     "But-" Thomas was cut off as the door swung open with four guards on the other side.

     "Come on out. Don't make this difficult." One of the men said as she reluctantly let go of Thomas and walked out of the room immediately being grabbed by both her arms.

     Thomas stepped out and quickly followed her but the other two guards blocked his path.

     "Step back Thomas." One of the guards said holding his arm out as Thomas tried to push past. "This has nothing to do with you."

     "What are you doing with her?" He asked as Evelyn started to squirm in their grip.

     "Hold on, wait. Just let me talk to Ava." Evelyn tried to say but they just kept dragging her.

     "Ava's orders. She needs a new subject-"

     "You're taking her to the maze?" Thomas yelled in question eyes going wide as again he fought to push past them.

     "Let go of me." She seethed trying to get loose. "I'm not going in there!"

     "No! You can't take her!" Thomas shouted as he shoved one of them and started running to the girl but was grabbed by the other one. "Please, don't send her to the maze! Please."

     "Thomas!" She screamed down the hall but was helpless against the strong hold of the guards holding her back and dragging her away.

____________________

Hey y'all!

  Okay, okay, we got the flashbacks rolling and the prologue is done. Short and sweet how I like it!

  Also there was little snippets of this part thrown into 'Bondage', the first book and this one too so keep that in mind!

  Thanks so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed!