{🫀Art 63} Contest Entry/Fanart ⚠️⚠️

{CONTENT WARNING For extreme gore and blood, character/animal death, and major spoilers for Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz}

So! I haven't down a good horror drawing in while, huh? It's also not often that I do fanart. But this is a special occasion! A contest entry for Ashfur2023 !! The prompt was greatest fear, and since I'd just finished reading this horror novel, Welcome to the Dark House, it instantly came to my mind! The novel is all about the characters being forced to live out (and die by) their worst nightmares (or at least the nightmares they write an essay about, not all of them are telling the truth), and in the case of the character I drew, Natalie Sorrento the fangirl , hers is her real worst fear, being trapped by mirrors.
To explain my drawing:
•the scratchy texture and rough lines are just a part of my style, especially in my horror or gore drawings
•the glass around her is meant to represent the room of mirrors that kills her, although I took some creative liberties since the book simply cuts away as glass comes toward her (that's how all the deaths are done), and I thought this composition looked best!
•yes, the character was originally a human, but I did a cat version because it looked nicer and I wanted too :3
•the clothes are simply based on the original character, who covers as much a possible to hide from her reflection
•the writing in crayon (yes I used actual crayon) is a reference to the book, which includes said red crayon writing (the title "Welcome to the dark house" is a reference to this writing) so I added some fitting text written in that style !
•yes it's monochrome, because I liked how that looked!

If you have more questions I'm happy to answer, I'd highly recommend this novel if you like horror, check out the contest host, and I will be posting the rough draft of this piece in a separate chapter if your curious!

To Ashfur2023 , I hope this isn't to gorey! I went kinda crazy.. I hope you like it!!

Bye now!!

Materials:
Graphite pencil
Colored pencils
Crayons