↻ ◁ twenty-four ▷ ↺

"just to keep a man around"

Life seemed to have its moments when it would suddenly become far too crazy to worry about things like school or work

Life seemed to have its moments when it would suddenly become far too crazy to worry about things like school or work. Moments like today, where after a long weekend of awaiting each new reply from Camryn with updates about her whole "coming out to the parents" situation, we couldn't seem to notice when the first bell rang.

Of course, part of the reason for that may have had something to do with our steamy make-out in the girls' restroom stall. Was it sanitary? Most definitely not. But it was sure as hell good enough to let the first fifteen minutes of first period slip by.

"Maybe we should get to class," Camryn suggested through rushed whispers in between kisses. I hummed a solid no through her lips. After all, it felt worse to waltz into class fifteen minutes late rather than be on time for second period.

I admit, yesterday was pretty intense when I stupidly started that argument based solely on my own insecurity. I didn't have to blow up on Camryn like that, especially in a situation that I understood more than I cared to admit. But I let my emotions do the talking instead of trying to listen to her and our photoshoot was interrupted with her promising to explain everything to her dads as soon as she had the chance. I just didn't realize her "chance" was that same night right after I left.

"I did it," she announced confidently over the phone last night when I called her after my shower.

"Did what?" I had asked.

"I told them about us. About Graham. About everything."

It was a shock in the moment, but I couldn't deny the smile on my face when she told me that. She explained how they were happy to hear she was doing better, and how they knew something was off that day Graham went and helped them with their groceries. That part was news to me, but I was just glad to hear we didn't have to hide from them anymore. I suppose now it was my turn.

Except, as soon as Camryn's lips centered on my neck, I couldn't even remember my own name, let alone who all I had to come out to.

"God, you're so hot," my voice croaked out, one move away from sounding like a moan. Camryn didn't respond with words, just more heavy breathing on my neck with zero complaints from me.

Suddenly, there was a sound at the door as it swung open and my heart jumped. Camryn popped her head up and bore her frightened eyes into mine with a shared glance of confusion. "Anyone in here?" a woman's voice asked from outside the stalls. Neither of us answered, though she didn't seem convinced.

A hand pushed on our stall door from the outside and a loud gasp escaped both Camryn and me without thinking. The woman just sighed.