↻ ◁ twenty-eight ▷ ↺

"turned her tears to
diamonds in her crown"

I couldn't deny that Graham's blatant manipulation had successfully gauged my curiosity

I couldn't deny that Graham's blatant manipulation had successfully gauged my curiosity. I mean, I know Camryn didn't like me very much before we met—everyone knew that—but could she really have said anything that bad? So bad that she refused to answer the question? To be fair, she hardly wanted to play in the first place, so maybe it was just her easy way out of the game? Either way, it's done and over with, so I shouldn't be thinking about it.

It was the next day—evening, rather—and hours passed after everyone recovered from the game last night and the drinking that paired with it. Nayeli was cooking dinner for us as Gabby kept her company in the kitchen, updating her about college and her future. Graham and Ingrid were having a conversation in the room they claimed for the time being and Camryn was still doing her hair for later tonight when we would walk along the boardwalk.

Nayeli prepared a simple dinner of tacos for us so that we would have room for anything we found on the boardwalk that we wanted to try, but either way, the food was delicious. And once everyone finished their dinner conversations, we all returned to our rooms to change before we headed outside. Except when I got back to the room I was sharing with Camryn for the trip, I wasn't focused on putting on new clothes—I was more interested in ripping Camryn's off of her.

"God damn," I couldn't help but breathe out in awe as soon as I looked at her. She had on her classic black skirt, but instead of pairing it with a sweater, tonight she decided to go for a sheer black long sleeve top that exposed the outline of her black bra. And the long, thigh-high heeled boots she was wearing wasn't making things any easier. I wanted to say screw it to the whole boardwalk and have my own party with Camryn and our bed.

"You scared me," Camryn chuckled as I walked through the door. She had her hand to her chest as if her heart was beating quickly and suddenly.

"Sorry," I told her quietly, approaching her with a smile. She turned back around after asking what I was going to wear, though she didn't realize how little I could care about that right now.

"I'll find something," I told her honestly as I snaked my arms around her body from behind her. At first, I felt her flinch just slightly at my initial contact, but then as my fingers slid against her skin, she softened at my touch and leaned into me just the tiniest bit.

"This is new," she spoke softly against my ear. It was odd how I was the one hugging her from behind when she was much taller than me, especially in those heels. Although, that seemed to put me at the perfect height for something else.

Slowly and seductively, I dragged my fingers along her stomach, and then her sternum, and then her collarbone as she breathed desperately into me ear the whole time. My hands caressed her skin and her shirt as I drew circles on her body with my short nails. Eventually, I slipped my fingers underneath her sheer top and I allowed them to rest right beneath her bra until she gave me the okay. And when she gave me a huff of impatience and "accidentally" pressed her body against mine even more, I proceeded.