11 | affection

-♛-
10:30 pm

AUTHOR-

IT was dinner time in the Syed household. Everyone was yet again seated at the dinner table, which still managed to amaze Abeer, she muttered a 'Ma Shaa Allah' every time she saw the family gathered.

For today's menu Sarah, Furqana and Irfana prepared Chicken qorma and Butter chicken along with Zeera rice. It was one of Arham's favourite dishes. And for dessert was, nawabi semiyan. Abeer's mouth watered looking at the delicacies spread out at the table by the helpers.

The whole day, Arham was busy in his study due to work. As Abeer busied herself with her thoughts. The act of the newly wedded couple did not go unnoticed by Sarah. Abeer wanted her thoughts off of last night hence, she decided to prepare for the next semester of uni.

"Abeer beti, Arham ko study se Bulake lao zara. The stupid boy has been cooped up in his study the whole day."

(Abeer child, call Arham from his study.)

Rahim affectionately asked Abeer. The girl was in her thoughts as she looked at her plate, She felt a tap on her shoulder which made her flinch and she looked to the source of the tap on her shoulder.

"Kahan ghoomne gaye betiji?" A worried Rahim asked his daughter-in-law, making Abeer look at him with questioning eyes. She nodded her head at him.

"Humare bete sahab ko bula lijiye study se, its dinner time" He repeated once again. This time, sarcasm dripped from his words as he smiled at Abeer.

She made her way upstairs to their room with nervousness flowing through every vein in her body. She slowly turned the knob of his study, scared if she interrupted him and he'd scold her for it.

As Abeer walked into the room, she couldn't help but feel a flutter in her chest as she laid eyes on Arham. He looked absolutely stunning in his white button-up shirt paired with black slacks and office shoes. Sitting on his desk chair, he seemed completely engrossed in his work, which only added to his allure. Abeer couldn't resist admiring the way the white shirt complimented his tanned skin tone and the way his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, revealing his strong and veiny forearms. The few top buttons of his shirt undone only added to Abeer's weakness for him.

how can this man look more gorgeous the more I look at him?

Before he could notice Abeer ogling at him, she quickly looked away and pretended to be interested in his desk. Her hands fidgeted nervously as she summoned the courage to invite him to dinner. However, before she could speak, a loud knock interrupted her thoughts. Startled, she turned to see what it was.

"Arsal, kya badtameezi karre tum? Where are your manners, Main bola tumaku that I'll be down soon."

(Arsal, what impoliteness is this?... I told you that..)

And having said that, he looked up from his laptop with his infamous glare, unknown to his hoor standing in front of him. Oh, how he wanted to see this beauty in front of him numerous times ever since he set foot into his study.

"Oh, Abeer. Sorry, I thought it was Arsal. Do you need anything?" he masked the happiness before it could appear in his voice, sounding ever so serious.

Abeer being shocked was an understatement. Is he that unhappy to see me?

"U-umm Abbu is calling you downstairs for dinner." She tried to reply with the same tone as his but failed miserably and sounded like her shy self.