[21]

William was too tired to do anything last night, so he slept in his room and didn't bother me.

I haven't seen Angelo nor Roman, so I guess he is keeping his promise.

I get dressed into some clothes in that I can be flexible and then head downstairs.

It's 2 pm so in an hour my father should be here.

I make my way to the cells, but this time, there is guard in front of the door.

I have to make it quick.

I walk up to him and punch him in the face. He hits me in my stomach, but I quickly knee him, and he falls to the ground in pain.

I punch him one last time in the head, so he is unconscious.

Then I take the two guns he has on him and open the door.

Enzo is looking better. His breathing is back to normal, but he still looks a little bit pale.

He looks up at me, and I rush to his side to take his gag off and untie him.

"You came," He says, looking at me as I take off the ropes.

"Of course I came," I smiled as I took the last rope off. "Can you walk?" I ask

"I can try," He says, putting a hand on the chair arm to steady himself as he gets up, and I can see he is still weak because of that syringe he was given.

He furrows as he sways on his feet, and as his knees give up, I put an arm around his waist just in time. "It's okay, we have time," I say.

In my other hand, I have my gun in case someone gets in my way.

With small steps me and Enzo are moving. That's a good sign.

"I'm slowing you down, Evelyn," He says with embaressment in his voice.

"It's fine, just hold into me." Right when I was about to open the cell door, the ground shaked.

It still isn't 3 pm, which only makes me think these are the Italians. I knew my father would tell them, too.

Once the shaking stopped, I opened the door, and everyone was screaming and telling the superiors to fire back.

"It's already 3 pm?"Enzo asks, his voice almost unudible because of the noises.

"No. These are the italians that came." I say, trying to walk faster, but he almost stumbles, so I walk slower again.

A part of the basement roof has fallen behind me. "Your people really don't know how to respect an hour of attack. I gave my father 3 pm for a reason."I mumble.

"I'm sorry I am ruining everything," he says

"It's not your fault."

"Freeze!" A man says from behind me. I slowly turn around and shoot him in the neck and then start walking away.

"Why do you shoot them in the neck?" Enzo asks, his eyes closing for a second.

"So they can't speak," I simply answer.

He hums, and right when I was about to open the basement door, a hand grabbed me by my shoulder and yanked down the stairs.

Fuck.

"Evelyn!" I hear Enzo yell from the top.

Once I stop falling, I roll on my side, and the man kicks me in my stomach multiple times.

I had dropped a gun, but I reached for the other one that was at the back of my waistband and shot the man.

I get to my feet and crack my neck, and start walking up the stairs again.

Enzo is holding himself with a hand on the wall, and once he sees me, his face is full of worry.

"Are you alright, amore?"He asks.

"Yeah, let's get out of here," I say and begin to wrap my arm around his waist, but he stops me.

"I can walk by myself," He says.

"Are you sure?" I insist.

"Yes. Let's go. "

He opens the basement door and went we walk outside, the building is on fire, and everyone tries to get out while they still fire.

I shoot at the ones that get in our way, but then is a massive sound, and the ground shakes again, taking both me and Enzo out of our feet.

"Evelyn!" Enzo yells, and when I look up, a part of the ceiling starts falling on me. My eyes widen and roll out of the way.

The piece of ceiling falls into the ground and smashes, pieces falling everywhere right where my body was.

Enzo comes to my side and helps me up. "Are you alright?" He asks, checking for any injuries.

"I'm okay. Let's head to the exit before this building falls on us. "

We begin running to the exit, and right when we are about to get out, my father appears in front of me holding a gun towards me, and then he fires.

I close my eyes shut from reflex, but I don't feel any pain.

I slowly open my eyes and see my father looking behind me.

Me and Enzo look behind us, and I see William on the floor, holding his leg in pain.

I quickly look back at my dad who gives me a side glare "Я позабочусь о нем. Твой человек, Маттео, ждет тебя снаружи." My dad said in a Russian accent.

(I will take care of him. Your man, Matteo, is waiting for you outside.)

I nod my head, and I and Enzo walk around my father and get out of the mansion.

I cough because of the smoke I have inhaled and clear my throat.

"Are you okay?" Enzo asks.

"Yeah," I smile.

He cups my face and kisses me, more powerful than before.

"Um, do we leave or not?" I hear Matteo's voice.

We pull away and look at Matteo, who is accompanied by a woman.

"Let's go," Enzo says.