50. The beginning of the End

'I want to fill you up with my heart
So that you don't fall apart...'

Author's POV

Every word that Yeon spoke made Rang's heart rate faster. He felt scared. Terrified. Just why ? Why is all of this happening ? He started regretting and re thinking his choices.

Everyone told him that they shouldn't be together. That it would be yet another calamity. A story which will never have a happy ending. Just because of his greediness and selfishness, y/n was in danger, once again. He thought.

Maybe he should've listened to the warnings. If he had paid attention to what the imoogi was doing and thinking, maybe this day wouldn't have come.

''Rang, are you with me ?'' Yeon asked from the end of the call pulling his brother back from his endless thoughts.
''Yeah... I--- im listening.'' Yeon could feel Rang's voice getting choked up.
''Rang, dont worry. Nothing will happen to y/n. We'll think of something. Once we catch the imoogi everything will be fine. Just make sure he's nowhere near y/n.''
''Right. I will.''
''And try to give her something that could protect her atleast for the time being. I dont think she has the black jade ring you gave her, Ji ah told me.''
''I'll look into it.''
''Dont worry. She'll be alright. I'll meet you tomorrow and we'll discuss about it.''

The call hung up.

''What happened lee rang-nim ? What did he say ?'' Yuri asked immediately as she saw the call getting disconnected.
''Yuri, i'm tired. Let's talk tomorrow.'' Rang said, no emotions on his face. His gaze towards the floor as tears threaten to fall off his eyes.
''But--''
''Please.'' He said shutting his eyes tight, feeling his lashes wet.
''Its almost healed. The wound on your palm. If y/n-ssi sees it she'll worry.'' Yuri said getting up as Rang looked at the wound which he had got thanks to his fury on the imoogi which had almost started healing.
Yuri caught hold of the atmosphere and left Rang to himself.

Y/n just slumped in her couch, thoughts never letting her free. But she didnt know when she fell into deep slumber only to experience a nightmare.

She was somewhere else in the dream. It was an oddly familiar place. She looked around carefully as she remembered that it looked like it was the same room she had seen once before in her dream, where Ji ah and a child were present. But this time the room was empty.

She looked around, when a hand grabbed her leg all of a sudden making her scream. She looks below only to find the mummified lady who had died. Y/n was horrified, she struggled to get away from her and finally when she did, she ran away towards another room. She tried to open the door which felt stuck but she somehow managed to open it.

She sprinted inside the room and locked the door, huffing really badly as she tried to get her breathing back to normal. Once she had calmed herself down, her gaze wandered around the room to find someone sitting some steps away from her.

''Who is it ?'' She asked, her voice shaky as she forcefully moved her feet towards the figure covered in darkness.

Rang stood up and walked towards y/n's room. He slowly opened the door and walked inside to find her asleep on the couch in a sitting position, her hands closer to her chest holding onto something.

Rang sat on the chair opposite y/n and saw her holding on tight to his coat, dozed off. The same coat he'd given her during the time at Eohwa Island. The day still felt like yesterday as Rang remembered ever detail of it. He couldn't help but think about how he tried so hard but their fate remained unchanged. He felt like his bad deeds were coming back to punish him by taking y/n away from him.

Before he could reach to any more conclusions, he focuses back to y/n who was not looking well. Her face was covered with sweat droplets and she whimpered in her sleep. Rang placed his palm on her forehead. She had a temperature.