30: happy ending? Not a chance.

Zayn's pov

Shocked will be an underestimation of what I felt when I saw them embracing. I was feeling so anxious when Umma called Noor to her room.

I was curiously waiting for her to come out until I got a call from the office and what I saw when I went to call Noor was shocking. Who would have ever thought my mother will hug my wife? Not me.
All I wanted at this moment is to go home and ask Noor about everything that happened today.

"What do you think sir?" I heard a voice that made me snap out of my thoughts. "Uhh um yes. Yes, that's a good idea" I replied not knowing anything about what they discussed.

"Great" the other man spoke as they rose to their feet. They all left the conference room after shaking hands with everyone.

"Sir, you looked a little distracted a while ago are you okay?" My assistant asked clearing the table. "All good," I told him before I went out of the conference room.

Noor's pov

It's already 5 pm since I got back home. I wanted to call Zayn but I also didn't want to disturb him while he was cooking.

I just finished talking with my mother on the phone and of course, I told her about everything that happened today. She was so happy but to be honest, Zayn will probably be the happiest of all.

Just then, I received a call from the last person I expected. Why is she calling me? Did she call me to make more accusations about me? Today is a good day and I don't want anyone to spoil it.

The call soon disconnected and thank god she didn't call again. I stood up and went to the show glass to light some scent sticks.

I was walking around the living area with it when I heard the door open. Zayn walked in all smiles as he held a box.

I hurried to keep the scent sticks in a burner and went to Zayn. "What do we have here?" I asked cracking up like a child. "Your favorite," he said giving me the box which had chocolate bread in it.

"These aren't my favorite," I told him looking up as he walked pass me. "But you like them don't you?" he asked. "Of course, I do" I smiled as I kept the medium-sized box on the dining table.

"I will warm up your food so long," I told him as he walked upstairs to change.

A few minutes later, he walked downstairs wearing a black shirt with black sweatpants. He walked in right on time as I finished serving his food.

"Aren't you eating?" he asked sitting on the dining chair. "I have eaten already. Couldn't wait for you" I told him going back to the kitchen to get my chocolate bread.

"Amira is calling" I heard Zayn from the dining. Oh, God. I don't want to deal with this right now.
I walked back to the dining few seconds later comprehending that the call has been disconnected.

"You didn't want to pick up the call did you?" Zayn asked as I sat to his right. "No, the call got disconnected" that's a lie.

"I think Amira wants to apologize for what she did," he said casually. I'm not sure if that's why she called. She probably called to blame me for her mother's condition.

"You think?" I asked taking a bite of my chocolate bread. "I'm certain" he replied. I picked up the call the second time it rang and put it on speaker.

"Hey," I said quietly. "Thank god you picked. Where did you keep your phone? Have you been avoiding me? You didn't even say hi before leaving" she said in one breath.

"I'm sorry ami-" she cuts me off. "No I should be the one saying sorry. I know this is not the best way to apologize but I wanted to apologize when you came here but you left and I don't blame you. You probably thought that I would act the same way I did the last time you came to my room"

There was a long pause before she spoke again. "I hate apologizing like this I just want to hug you right now,"  she said whining like a baby which made me laugh.

"It's okay Amira I can't get mad at you for too long. I love you too much to do that" I said which made Zayn give me a weird look.

"Is that Noor on the phone?" I heard a voice in the background. "Yes," Amira replied.

"Hi, Noor it's Husna" the voice became clear. "Hey Husna how are you? I'm so sorry I left without saying hi" I said to her as Zayn stood up to take his plate to the kitchen.

"It's alright. Umm Noor, I wanted to ask if we. I mean Amira, you and I could go out for lunch tomorrow? I want to know you better. I don't want things to be awkward between us because of Zayn. That's if you're not busy" she concluded.

"I'm definitely not busy for this. I will love to hang out with you guys" I said. "Great I will ask Amira to send you the location," she said and hung up. Husna wants to be friends. Should I feel weird about it? Nah.

I stood up and went to the living room where I found Zayn scrolling through Netflix. I sat next to him as he wrapped his arm around me. "Husna, Amira, and I are going out for lunch tomorrow," I told him. "Okay" he simply replied.

"Are you okay with it?" I asked. What I'm I expecting? What am I doing? "Of course. Amira is my sister and Husna is my cousin so why will I have a problem with it?" he said looking down at me.

I gave him a wide smile and kept my head on his chest. "I love you," I said hugging him.

"I love you more" he replied.
            The End
****
Hello hello😎
What's up, peeps?

What do you all think about the previous and this chapter? A lot is happening I know.

Do you think Umma's apology is genuine? Well, too bad the story has ended.

Please follow me on Instagram 👇👇
@diary_of_faeezah

Lots of love❤️