Chapter 12: Felix

"I'm sorry Ava." I apologize as she sits before me the sounds of her crying echo through our room. Dom ran away, hours later I went back to his room hoping he went for a walk to find his room empty. She lifts her head out of her tissues and I see nothing but her smiling face and her sounds quickly turn to laughter.

"Oh my God." She looks up at me before standing up off the sofa. "No wonder you never wanted a piece of me." She smiles looking out the window to her left.

"Ava?" I question.

"I've been you're girlfriend for six years." She says looking back at me. "You never initiate sex, when I do I have to do all the work and now I found out you're gay." She starts laughing.

"What?" I ask and she bends over laughing before her hair whips back as she stands back up.

"I mean I stayed this long because when you put a ring on my finger, I could take you for half your worth." She laughs and I have to do a double take before my jaw hits the floor.

"How much money do you want?" I ask my body turning to stone. She pauses before she lifts her brows in shocked and amusement.

"20k?" She asks and I scoff, I whip out my checkbook out the back of my pants before writing out a check. I write a check and make it out to Ava for $20,000 before ripping it out holding it out for her.

"You'll use this and get out of my face?" I question and she smirks before nodding. I let her take it out of my hand before I step back to the door.

"Best boyfriend ever." She mutters and I smirk.

"Ava, check it." I point to the check and she looks confused before looking at me. "I'm worth 3 million dollars give or take a couple mill and you asked for $20,000?" I ask and she scoffs.

"Then I don't want it, how was I supposed to know your worth?" She questions and I shrug.

"Maybe pay attention and not be such an airhead." I mutter.

"What was that?" She blurts.

"Nothing. We agreed on 20k take it and leave Ava or I'll have my lawyers contact you." I blurt slamming the door behind me. When I finally go to my office and let my feelings take me, I feel horrible, my chest hurts and a low gut feeling in my stomach, I feel like I could actually cry. "He left me..." I whisper to no one in particular. I hear three knocks at my door before it bursts open.

"You may not remember me." A blonde walks in like a woman on a mission when she turns to me my heart stops seeing a familiar face.

"Liza." I say my voice on edge and she nods with a smirk.

"So you do remember me? That'll make this easy." She turns the chair in front of me around before straddling it. "I know you and my brother were dating. And before you ask me about you dating now, I don't mean now, I mean then." She gets right to the point nodding her head to the side. I feel defeated not knowing what to say so much hurt is in my chest I feel like so done... Like my life has finally turned up on its head. I know I am nothing without him, or at least I feel like it.

I was barely living, I felt exactly what he meant when he said that he felt numb. I was too, I knew I picked the wrong person when I left, I knew before I picked her. He makes me feel alive, he has always been the person to make me feel things no one has. I always knew when he saw me in the bleachers and he flashed me that sexy smile that he was mine. Before I can stop it, a tear flows down my cheek and I wipe it away.

"Damn... I think you've told me more than my brother has without saying anything at all." She whispers catching me looking at the floor. "Felix, I just want to know what happened." She prompts and I shake my head. I think back to him walking away from me, leaving me on the floor, naked, exposed and alone, I feel more tears start to come up.

"I don't think I can." I choke up and she walks over to me standing beside me. She grabs a tissue out of the box on my desk before putting it in my hand.

"Please try." She sounds defeated as she looks up at me.

"I was..." I shake my head. "He left me on the floor, after we..." I tell her and she nods. "I don't know what happened." I bury my head in my hands.

"He didn't say anything?" She whispers and I shake my head.

"No, I think I heard him say goodbye before he ran out the door." I say and she shakes her head sitting on the edge of my desk beside me.

"Felix I think this has been a misunderstanding." She says and I feel everything fade away, the emotions gone, as I wipe the tears away.

"What do you mean?" I ask and she smirks.

"He told me you said goodbye." She answers before looking at the floor. "At least that's what it seemed like." She mutters.

"What do you mean?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"My brother was drunk as he was telling me this." She answers. "He's pretty bad. Based off what you said it was a misunderstanding. I mean he definitely hasn't eaten today." She prompts me and I nod.

"I came back thinking he went on a walk and found his room empty. I left Ava, I was for real Liza I was going to be with him." I blurt wanting to prove myself to her. I don't want her to think I broke him again, he told me in the bathroom that day I broke him, I vowed I would never do that again when I told him I loved him.

"Okay, put on some clothes. Take off this suit." She waves her hand over me.

"Why?" I ask and she turns to me after hopping off my desk.

"You want my brother? You're going to need to come get him, and you're doing it now." She orders and I nod.

"Give me fifteen." I quip and she smirks.

"I'll be in a black jeep out front." She turns walking out of my office.