Chapter 20.

LISA

I was on my desk staring at my computer and reading the article. It was the statement my boss released about the issue. She states that GD wasn't her boyfriend but a very good friend of hers. I guess that's a good move to not anger the fans even more and not affect the launching event.

But what made me sighed heavily is that, she also states that we're not dating either but a someone important to her. Well, she's not really my girlfriend but I wish she is.

"Lis, have you packed your things already? We're leaving tomorrow to Jeju. You're joining right?" Chaeng snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, I'm joining but I haven't packed yet."

"Why? It's a 2-day team building event you gotta bring all you need."

"I haven't asked my boss yet." I shrugged.

"She'll allow you for sure. It's weekend. She don't need her secretary."

"Her parents invited me for a dinner on weekend..." I smiled weakly.

"Oh!! You gotta impress the in-laws."

"But I want to join. I swear. I need to refresh and Jeju seems to be a perfect place." I whined.

"Then you should start writing 1000 words essay on why you can't come to the dinner." she patted my back feeling sorry.

When Jennie's mom visited us in the penthouse, she invited me to a dinner in their mansion on weekend. Even I want to spend much time with Jennie, meeting her dad and family after the issue about us surfaced, will be a nerve-wracking. I would rather go to Jeju and play games in team building than meet her family. And also, I need to find an evidence to that stalker. He's someone from the company and for sure he will join the team building if I was there.

I already talked to Director Irene about my plan and she promised to back me up if the Chairman won't allow me in Jeju. I just hope that her mom won't feel bad if I ask for a raincheck on the dinner.

I shook my head to snapped me back on my senses as my boss just walked pass my desk and gestured me to follow her.

"These are the files chairman." I said handing her the documents.

We are now at the elevator on our way to her next meeting.

"Are you ready on weekend?" she suddenly said that made me gulped.

"Uhm... Can I—"

***Ding.***

The elevator opens and my boss got out first so I couldn't finish my sentence.

"Let's go." she then holds my hand while walking in the hallway.

"Ahh... Chairman." I yeeted to let go from her gripped.

"Why?"

"Y-your employees." I looked down while I opened the meeting room for her.

She clenched her jaw in annoyance while we enter the meeting room. Everyone are already there. They all stood up and bow when they saw my boss. She then sat on the head-seat while I'm on her right side. The boards are side eyeing me before they can take their seats but I ignored them and opened the laptop to take notes.

"Shall we start?!" my boss said sternly that made their gaze averted from me.

They discussed business as usual while I focus on taking notes. I tried to put my mind in the meeting and understand everything but I can't ignore everyone's gazed towards me. I know they're judging me so I didn't glanced even a second to my boss to not give more drama.