Chapter 9: Haunted Past Part 2

Warning of physical abuse

"I'll start from the beginning.." I say as I look at Jamie, he nods softly, wanting me to continue.
"Me and him met in college and at first he was really nice but later on in the relationship, he started to get toxic. He was getting really stressed with his job and started to drink a lot. Not only that but he was not trusting me anymore, one time I was staying late for work and then I come home to see him passed out on the couch. Shortly after, he wakes up and yells at me "Where were you?"
I tried to reason with him, telling him I needed to do some things for work but he didn't believe me. He was saying were out just to stay away from him. I told him no, I would never cheat on him like that but he slapped me on the face. He would hurt me, he threatened me. He eventually had enough of dealing with me, saying I wasn't worth it and left me which I'm thankful for because I thought about leaving him.
Jamie listened to me, he stayed silent for a couple of seconds in shock of all I been through. "I'm so sorry you've been through that Y/N.. I promise I'll never be like that with you." He said while kissing me on the cheek.
I smiled a bit, "It's ok. I can tell you're different than him."
He smiled and kissed me on the cheek again.
"I think today I should make you dinner at home and after I can show you how much you mean to me."
I was starting to blush, "Jamie.. You're so precious."
"Well, you're more precious." He relied back.
I giggled a bit and that made him smile.
"I love seeing you smile." He says.
"I love seeing your smile too Jamie. How did I get so lucky to have you?"
He blushed a bit, "You the lucky one? It is I who is lucky here. You're a beautiful, kind hearted woman who just is freaking amazing."
"Jamie stop. You're going to make me blush."
"More than I already have?" He asked with a smirk.
"Says you Mr. Pink Cheeks." I say while I giggled a little bit.
He gave me a short glare before he couldn't help but laugh with me since I was laughing harder than I was before.
"I also love your laugh." He tells me.
"I love yours too Jamie. I love everything about you."
"I love everything about you too Y/N. You mean everything to me."
That made me smile and we kissed. We spent the day together, just hanging out at home, in each other's arms.
"I'm going to make us dinner." He said and kissed my head as he got up.
I'm so lucky to have Jamie. He always makes me feel better. My thought get interrupted momentarily as I start to smell the food, it smells delicious. I can't wait to eat and what happens after.