The All Father Descends

Last but certainly not least was the body. The body was the vessel for the soul. Energy travels around the body, converting it cell by cell, atom by atom, into a higher state of existence. This was cultivation.

Those who focused on physical cultivation constituted the majority of fighters. There were mainly two types. Those who focused on the energy aspect such as mages etc, and those who focused mainly on the flesh such as martial artists.

The physical body exerted a force called Life Force that could exert a tangible effect on reality. There were countless uses for Life Force, such as healing, prolonging lifespans, growth, increasing physical traits such as speed and strength, communicating with physical matter, and the list goes on.

The mind controlled the soul through Intent. The soul controlled the body through Soul Force while the body controlled the environment through Life Force. This was cultivation in its simplest form.

'Intent, Soul Force and Life Force. These three are the key. The question is, which of these three does the boy excel in the most?'

There was a reason why Wodin was publicly acknowledged as the wisest out of everyone under the 12 leaders of Olympus at that particular dungeon. It had only taken him moments to analyze, but he had gotten to the crux of the issue. Unlike Jingsung, Wodin was extremely well-learned, in both the mystic and scientific sides of the universe. And he had a unique history as well. He simply took a step back and allowed Odysseus to bellow whatever he wanted.

Wodin looked at his long-time counterpart and sighed, 'He still has mortal tendencies within him. I will need to cultivate his mind more often. He needs to speak less and listen more. More often than not, it's the simplest of instructions are the hardest to follow.'

Few people here were aware, but Wodin was training Odysseus in secret. The latter was one of the few who know of the former's true identity.

Not even Zeus was privy to such knowledge. And now it just so happened that someone who knew his true identity was summoning his true body through this after the connection to Will's battle had just been cut.

It was a telepathic message that was sent using the laws of the universe. Only a powerhouse who knew his true identity would use such odd means of communication.

Wodin sighed as he sent a message to his true body.

...

Jingsung Ha, Hou Yi, and Modus were on the mountain waiting for something, and thankfully they did not wait long. Less than a minute after Modus had spoken, a dark red portal appeared in the skies above them. The portal was as small as an ordinary window, but the presence it had was more intimidating than a mountain.

All kinds of horrifying killing Intent spewed out like a geyser from the portal. If this was not an Immortal mountain heavily infused with Immortal World Energy, who knows what damage could have been done?

Despite the horrendous flood of killing Intent, the trio remained unaffected, calmly waiting for whoever was arriving. A small figure appeared within the dark red portal, and the first to notice the creature was Hou Yi.

It was a large dark raven.

Ravens are somewhat large, black birds with thick bills, which make a deep croaking sound. Ravens' beaks are quite large and slightly rounded.

The average raven was about 2.5 lbs on average, but the one before them appeared to weigh 5 lbs or more. It had a wingspan of nearly 5 feet! Their throat feathers were long and pointed, giving them a "scruffy" look. But the raven before them had an odd royal disposition to it, one that seemed to refuse to be looked down upon. This contrasted sharply with its clumsy appearance

'It looks like it just came feeding from a battlefield.' This thought was shared by the trio because the killing intent behind that creature was just too strong

"Ravens are impressively intellectual amongst mortal creatures, my studies have shown their intellect can be compared with dolphins and great apes! These birds are not only large and imposing but also crafty and quick to problem solve." Modus was one with many odd habits and observing mortal creatures of all sorts. According to Modus, the mortal creature that transforming deities turned into revealed crucial points of that deity's characteristics.

"They are shockingly intelligent creatures. Normally birds are mocked for their stupidity but ravens have great problem-solving skills. They are capable of solving without being shown or learning from another bird. In my younger years, I conducted a simple test in which I hung a piece of food from a branch. Most ravens were able to pull the string, hold the loops with their feet, and get the food on their first try. Many ravens were able to solve the puzzle within 30 seconds.

They also possess complex social dynamics, with signs of greed, selfishness, mimicry, etc. For example, ravens frequently hide extra food. Those craft little suckers can pretend to make a catch to trick birds around it and go to the real food by themselves once it has competitors are gone.

Ravens can mimic human speech, along with many other sounds, with incredible skills like mimicking the calls of wolves and foxes. Some of the more intelligent ones call foxes or wolves to a carcass that hasn't been 'opened,' because the ravens cannot get to the meat inside.

They are also masters of none verbal communication, using it to point at objects with their beaks to notify counterparts of something. Besides primates, ravens are the only animals to use gestures in nature."

Hou Yi's pupils dilated in shock. Modus didn't randomly babble. He was in secret saying that all these qualities that ravens have can be superimposed on the person descending. It was clearly an avatar. Jingsung was a bit confused and still musing, but Modus' words did not escape the sharp-eyed god of archery.

'It can only be him. Death, battle, craftiness, lust, selfishness, and wisdom. The form of a large raven. It has to be him.'

Immortals had extraordinary control over their bodies but not even they guaranteed complete control every time. Especially under the influence of such dense killing Intent.

"Odin."

Hou Yi's words caused Jingsung to frown. Jingsung had somewhat guessed the identity of the creature before him but he was only 60% sure and unfortunately for him, his subordinate was spot on. A former enemy of his had stepped foot on his mountain.