Champagne and Fraud

Something was going on with Nero. I couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was, he wasn't being rude or disrespectful. Maybe I should expand, when he and I were out it was known based off his actions we were very much together. He was always touching me in some way or checking in with me. His eyes would always find me. We tended to gravitate around each other, but currently for some reason that dick bag was not doing the usual.

He stayed among his friends and outside of a forehead kiss in greeting when he came in, an hour late I might add, he hasn't touched me. That gut feeling that my night was going to go to shit intensified. True to best friend energy, Rain had been shooting evil eyes at him all evening and taking shots from the bottle of Jack Daniels with me.

When the countdown to the New Year came around, I couldn't find him anywhere. I brought in the new year with a glass of champagne next to my best friend and her husband. At this point I was over it, and decided I was going to tell him to get his shit together. Looking around I see him coming out of the bathroom, over the whole night I make my way over to him grabbing his arm and making our way outside. Lighting a cigarette, I stare at him.

"You ready to tell me what the fuck is your problem?" Shaking his head, he looks at me, making eye contact for the first time all night.

"Maybe I should be asking you that since you have my damn cousin giving me a death look all night."

"It's cute that you think I could make Rain do anything she didn't plan to do. Maybe she is seeing the same bullshit I am."

"The last thing I want to do is get into it with you on my birthday while I freeze my ass off outside."

"Cut the shit, I busted my ass to through this party for you."

"I didn't ask for this shit." He looks back at the bar.

"That's the thanks I get. Good to know for the future. Want to tell me why the hell you've been acting like I have a contagious disease all night? Gotta say Nero, it's not sitting all too well with me."

"Jesus Leana, I haven't been avoiding you I just got a lot on my mind right now."

"Then fucking speak! You've never had an issue letting me know when shit is wrong before. I don't need to tell you for you to know I listen."

He quickly glances at me and looks away remaining silent.

"Wow, I get it. It's me isn't it."

"I didn't fucking say that."

"You didn't have to Nero."

"I just think I got a lot going on with work and shit. Things with us are moving kind of fast, you know. I think maybe we need some space." I just stared at him. Feeling my heart crack. He's really doing it, he is really breaking up with me at a party I threw for him. Something inside me flips, the anger and rage overtakes the pain. Maybe it's the alcohol, maybe it's the uncaring look on his face. All I know is, he can go ahead and breakup with me all he wants but I will have a few things verbally and non to add.

"YOU SON OF A FUCKING BITCH! Excuse me that's an insult to your mother who is a glorious woman. It amazes me she raised a fucking jack ass like you. The audacity to say things are moving to fast when this who relationship was your fucking idea. The pace it has been moving has been at your lead. So, stop being a fucking coward and give it to me straight. Don't pull your punches now Nero Night, if you're going to break a part of me go all in." He just continues to stare at me. I wait hoping he will man the fuck up but it looks like he won't.

Shaking my head, I head back inside. Making eye contact with Rain she see something in me that lets her know to ask later. Snatching a bottle of champagne, I grab my best friend and make my way to the dance floor. I see Brandon glare at Nero.

I then proceed to dance and drink the night away making flirty eyes with all the men who look my way, because I am fucking single.

When the night ends, I make my way to the bar to close out the tab from the party. When they hand me the receipt, I look at Rain. She smirks and says, "Do It."

So, I happily sign Nero Night, and give a nice tip.

Should have gotten your credit card back before breaking my heart asshole. What's a little fraud when it comes to love and war.