Chapter Fourteen

Zander

I told myself not to go there. And what do I do? The exact opposite.

Quietly, I put away the paperwork that still isn't finished. For a few moments, I hang my head between my hands and think about what I've just done. This is a small town. Smaller than most. There is no way I can avoid her. I'm not looking for anything serious, and she is a serious kind of girl. What was I thinking?

That's the problem. I wasn't.

I finish my drink and push open the office door. Swinging my eyes around, I wait a moment to see if Brea will walk out, but she doesn't.

As I make my way back out to the main area, Cassie stares at me.

"All good here?" I ask, barely able to look her in the eye.

"Yep," she replies, looking at me up and down.

"I'll be off, then."

"You do that, Boss."

Ignoring her snide remark, I exit without a word. Falling into the driver seat, I slam the door shut and rest my hands on the steering wheel, blowing out a breath.

Fuck, fuck, fuck. Why did I do that?

She isn't the girl for me. She can't be. She is from the city, I'm from the country. It will never work. Of course, then there is Nathan. I don't want anything tying us two together, it's hard enough being in proximity of him on a normal day.

I don't date. I've never felt the urge. Never wanted to. Why is it different with her? Why does she consume my entire mind? I can barely think when I'm around her.

A part of me is wondering whether she would be interested in a casual arrangement. Considering she isn't meant to be here for long, it could work. As long as neither of us get attached. I've never been attached before, that doesn't come easily to me, but the risk with her is higher than I like.

The way she is, the way she dresses... as beautiful and kind as she may seem, she seems like someone who may be high maintenance. Someone who would never settle for a casual fling with someone like me.

But she returns my flirty remarks. Her gaze is as heated as mine. And she kissed me back. Harder and rougher than I thought a girl like her would. Maybe my assumption about her is totally wrong.

Maybe this is all happening because of how long it has been since I have gotten laid. I just need to get my fix of her. One night, that's all I need. Then she will go back to where she came from, and we will both move on.

This is all it is. Sexual frustration. It's making my head cloudy.

When I get back home, I drink another two beers before heading to the shower. Breathing heavily, I press my palm against the cold tiles, watching the clear water turn dark as the dirt washes off me.

Closing my eyes, my mind wanders to a tall blonde, smirking up at me. The heat of her breath on my skin when we kissed.

Circling my hand around myself, I stroke my length, groaning as the memory of her body pressed against mine flashes through my mind. I've barely touched myself before my release hits me like a truck. Groaning, I spill into my hand, cursing, and cherishing her name on my tongue. My chest heaves as I turn, leaning on the wall, water running down my face.

This has never happened to me. Sure, I've fantasied. Everyone does. But never this hard, this severe. Someone like her isn't even my type. Hell, I don't have a type. I never experience what I just did. Not that quickly, not that intensely.