33: 'The core four...'

I sigh loudly as I throw my textbook besides me, Sammy and Autie snap up from their focused state.

'What's up with you?' Sammy asks as he reaches forward and shovels chips into his mouth.

'I'm bored of studying, I feel like I already know all of this stuff.'

He gives me a confused glance, 'I can't say I've ever had that feeling before.'

Autumn nods in agreement, 'Me either.'

'To be fair it's my own fault, the second that we complete one section in class, I like to read the next, so I feel more prepared.'

The mousy haired boy puts down his book, 'That's disgusting.'

I laugh loudly, 'How is that disgusting?'

'It's almost like reading for fun.'

The copper-haired girl nudges him, 'Hey! I read for fun.'

He shakes his head before he glances between us both, 'I don't even recognise you people anymore.'

I turn my head when I hear footsteps behind me, I see Luke standing there in just his boxers holding a box of cereal.

I wrinkle my nose, 'Please can you put some clothes on?'

'I'm in my own house, let me be free.'

'But we have company.'

'Yes, that company is my girlfriend and our best friend of over ten years, I think they've seen it before.'

Sammy tilts his head, 'How are you just standing there completely calm?'

'What?'

'We have very important exams, very soon. How are you not freaking out?'

Luke shrugs, 'I'll wing it.'

He raises an eyebrow, 'Are you secretly smart or something?'

He shakes his head, 'No.'

Autumn frowns, 'You are smart.'

'Love, it's cute that you are lying for me, but I'm not, at-least not book smart anyway.'

I roll my eyes, 'You aren't street smart either.'

'Then I am not type of smart, case closed.'

Sammy groans the moment, he re-opens his book, 'This is impossible.'

Autumn scoffs loudly, 'Your whining is probably, what's making it impossible.'

Luke claps his hands together before he pulls out the seat next to me, 'You know, I was thinking the core four haven't hung out together in a while.'

The copper-haired girl sat across from him wrinkles her nose, 'The core four?'

'Yeah. You, me, Scar and Sam.'

I turn to him, 'First of all, I adore that name and I'm going to continue calling us this! And secondly, I do feel as if you may have a point, everyone is just coupled up at the moment. Personally, it's starting to make me panic, if we're already struggling to see each other, what happens when I have the baby? Or we all go to college? P-Plus Sammy is going to be halfway around the world, a few days after graduation.'

'Okay, Scar just breath. We're all still going to see each other.'

'You say this now, but soon it'll only be once a month and then every three months, then every six and after that it'll only be on special occasions like Christmas or Lautumn's wedding.'