Transcription 0009.2

West Java, August 21th 1967, 03:34 PM

----------

Servant

Forgive me, Father, for I will sin.

Father

What sin will you commit tomorrow?

Servant

Facing Death upon the Red River.

Father

A new voice, with a new mission, to accompany one's soul as one travels to greet God. You have such a tender voice, Servant. Do you sing?

Servant

No, Father.

Father

Alas. A voice as tender as yours will always be needed. Be it for the body or the soul. Before you, there was one who loved playing guitar. If only we all knew each other, we might form a band already.

Servant

So... what is it, Father?

Father

What is what?

Servant

My task?

Father

Lest you go in such haste. Our work here needs an abundance of patience. And an abundance in smiles, jests, talks, and dreams. We ought to become one of the twelve disciples of Christ. Because, in the end, it was not the Devil who killed Him, but the men he loved.

Servant

Unfortunately, we believe differently, Father. My God was not killed by His creations.

Father

Hahaha! Yes. I hope that our differences will not hinder our work and comradery.

Servant

I hope so too.

Father

Ah. Every single Servant who came, all of them were so serious. Except one who... umm, whose name is unfortunately impossible to salvage. I only remembered his voice. Servant, can you jest?

Servant

I can, Father.

Father

Sounds like a person who cannot jest.

Servant

With due respect, Father. As far as I know, soldiers are trained to be disciplined and alert.

Father

Correct. In time.