CHP 7: Need It

Y/n POV

"Alright ladies four down and backs in 22 seconds." I let out a huff and quickly took of to the sound of the whistle.

We were finally at the end of our 2 and 1/2 hour  practice. Our coach has had us running for a hour straight due to the fact that we almost lost to a horrible team.

"Alright ladies good practice, next game is Tuesday, we're playing a big D1 team so come to play. Enjoy your Sunday off, ice and recover. We're back at it on Monday" After we were dismissed I quickly made my way to the locker room.

I took a seat in front of my locker and grabbed my phone. I went to check my text and saw that I had a missed facetime call from Kiara. I grabbed my airpods and put them in before calling her back.

I looked at myself while the phone rang. What the fuck could be taking her so long. My finger hovered over the red button before her face finally filled the screen.

"Hey baby"

My eyes grew big as the name came out of her lips. I looked around to see if anyone heard what she said but of course no one did because I'm wearing airpods. I cleared my throat before responding.

"Hey Ki"

"I called you so you could open the door but my bestie got it."

I chuckled as she showed Kehlani in the camera. Keh threw up a quick peace sign before continuing to eat her popcorn.

"What y'all doi- Hold up, I know that hoe ain't eating my popcorn."

"Uhh sorry Y/nn gotta go."

Kiara said in a hurried tone, all I heard was a series of giggles before she abruptly hung up. She lucky she's cute.

I went to my apps and decided to watch tiktoks before going to treatment.

"Y/n you tryna go to a party with us." I looked up at Didi who was putting a hoodie on. "Uhh who is us." Didi rolled her eyes before she came up with an answer.

"Zendaya, Lani, Dearica, Devyn and Jordyn." I thought about it for a second. I really don't fuck with being around a lot of people. I guess I was thinking too long because Didi interrupted my thinking.

"Bro you coming with us. All you do is lay up with your little girlfriend Kiara." I rolled my eyes at the comments from my roommate. What she said wasn't a lie but I would openly admit that.

"Fine. But she not my girlfriend, so chill." I stated. I then stood up and put my hoodie on. "Aye you finna g- what bro."

Didi was just standing there looking at me with her head tilted. "Nigga, I know you didn't say Kiara ain't your girlfriend." I shrugged my shoulders and put my slides on.

"She ain't, we just chilling." My answer caused Didi to shake her head and make her way to the training room.

"Hey Coach J, your favorite athlete is back." My announcement made the all the trainers laugh.

"Hey Carter, are we doing heat or ice today on your granny back." I laughed at her name for my back before laying face down on the cushioned table.

"I want heat today, My back just turned 68 today so treat it good."

After Treatment (At the apartment)

I put my key in the door to my shared apartment and entered. I was greeted with the sight of Kehlani and Kiara throwing pieces of popcorn into each others mouth.

"Y'all some weirdos bro." My statement made Keh flip me off while Kiara stood up and jogged up to me.

I opened my arms expecting a hug but instead she just stopped 2 feet in front of me. Her actions confused me at first, but she's always doing some shit to confuse me.