t w e n t y

KISSING ATLAS WAS something else

The longer I spent with Atlas, the more I learned he had many layers to him. His usual sunshine and goofy self, who is always happy. He has shown me his vulnerable side when speaking about his past, but kissing him made me realize there's also another side to him.

A passionate side to him.

As soon as our lips touched, he took control of our kiss, and I happily let him. Something you wouldn't expect from Atlas, but at the same time, I'm curious to see more, as I feel like it's not a side many people get to enjoy. He took his time with me as if savoring every moment of our kiss, and it left me breathless.

The honking of a bike horn brings me out of my daydream. I wince as the bike passes quickly by me, just missing me. Scoffing at the impolite kid who was riding it, I shake my head and carry on walking through the town. Sipping my coffee, I make my way to the Beach Hut looking through the window, seeing Gabi behind the counter making drinks. I notice it is pretty busy, and she seems to be on her own.

Taking one last sip of my coffee and throwing it in the nearby trashcan to get rid of the evidence, I make my way inside, the bell ringing above the door as I walk in. Weaving my way through the line, I make my way to Gabi.

"Hey Gabs, why are you so busy? Are you working on your own?" I ask her, confused, as she frantically paces around behind the counter making drinks while also trying to take the orders of the line of customers.

She nods her head. "The person on shift called in sick and I'm on my own during a weekend, which we all know is when we get visitors."

My eyes go to the line, some of them becoming impatient. Deciding, I move behind the counter and bump her out of the way of the cash register. "I'll take the orders and get the goods from the counter. You make the drinks."

She groans in happiness. "You're a lifesaver, so much so I'll ignore the fact I saw you drinking a coffee from that food truck that sits near the beach."

I smile sheepishly. "You saw that, huh?"

She nods her head before going to make the drink orders she had already taken. Between the two of us, we get everyone their orders quickly. Writing their orders on the cups, and hand them to Gabi to make before she calls them out once done and we move on to the next.

Both of us slump down against the counter onto the floor with our backs against it as we finish the last one. Momentarily exhausted from the rush.

"I thought my surfing training was rough," I groaned, and she chuckles, throwing a rag onto the floor next to her.

"Thanks for helping. I was so close to having a breakdown and telling everyone to get the fuck out," Gabi says.

"Don't speak too loud. There are still customers at the tables," I say, and she waves me off.