Preparations

"Just do these chores today. I have a special 'discount' for you." I said handing her a list of chores twice as long as on other days.
"Is it a 'discount' or a 'sale' that I have to work extra? 'Cook meal for four'- have you suddenly decided to feed me or is some guest coming."she answers back for the first time ever.
"Feed you! Do I have nothing better to do than that. Mind your tongue, dear girl. You are crossing the set limits. Else you know what will happen to your little diary." I threatened.
Without another word she continued her work. She really worked hard that day in order to recompense for her earlier misbehavior.
The guest was the royal messenger. Yes! The royal one was visiting our blessed little house. He arrived sharp at 4 o' clock.
"Good day, Sir." I greeted him.
"Good day, Mrs. Darcy. As you may be knowing it is high time that the Prince gets married. So the King is organizing a ball next Saturday in order to chose the perfect maiden as his daughter-in-law. All young and beautiful ladies are invited."he said at a stretch.
I doubted whether cinder-Ella overheard this or not but the next time I passed her, she asked me who were going to the ball.
"Me and my two daughters, Anastasia and Drizella." I replied curtly.
Preparations for the ball began. Three of Ella's silk gowns were sent to the tailor for alterations. We started dabbing all of cinder-Ella's makeup on our ugly skin. The result was not at all amiable.
"Ella! This rubbish stuff of yours are worthless. Bid them goodbye before I throw them away."
Saying this much was more than enough. She understood we were having trouble with the makeup. She demonstrated how to use it by applying it on Anastasia's face with the skill of a professional.

      ************************
Finally the great day arrived. I gave cinder-Ella a detailed list of all the chores that she had to do before our return.
"We will return well after midnight giving you plenty of time to complete your work. You should complete them all. No excuses shall be entertained. And especially do not forget to scrub the roof and tidy Drizella's room a bit."
Drizzy's room. I cannot even bear to spend a minute in that dirty, stinky and disorderly place. This is the worst chore that can be ever completed. I really wonder how she will do it.