𝟬𝟮𝟴. 𝗜'𝗠 𝗦𝗢𝗥𝗥𝗬, 𝗜 𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗗

"Vince that's enough let him go!" A woman yells and I frown. "Let him go!" She says and arrives. "No, but he can." She says and nods at Stiles.

" Stiles." She says and I frown. What the fuck?

"You know me?" He asks and she frowns. "Interesting." She says and nods to herself. "It make sense they'd put you in the maze. Though I must admit, I was worried they'd kill you after what you did." She says and checks Brenda's pulse.

"What'd he do?" I ask, glancing at Stiles. "The first time we spoke, you just wanted to get back to your world. The last time we spoke, you gave me coordinates to every wicked compound, trial and lab. We haven't been able to track them for years and now we can." She says and smiles. 

"He was our source." Vince says and I frown. "We couldn't have pulled all off this without him." She says and I frown. Wait... he's been here for how long now and he did what?
"Take her to the tent. Get these guys some warm clothes. Stiles, you're coming with me."

I watch him get Brenda and see them walk away with Stiles. I hope it's gonna help whatever the hell she's gonna do with him.

. . .

It was around an hour or so later when I was walking with Phoebe and Sonya, saying goodbye after they had found me alone.

Thankfully I have quick reflexes.

we had talked a bit about light stuff.

I walk inside a tent where Newt and Minho were staying. I let out a gasp as I see what's in front of me. "Newt," I gasp out, seeing the black veins around his arm.

He jumps up, quickly shoving his arm down. "What the hell?" I whisper and he just looks at me. "Lynn," he breathes out and I shake my head.

"Fuck," I whisper hating how this is gonna sound. "Newt you can't tell Stiles." I say and he frowns, stopping his movements. "What?" He says and I nod. "You can't, okay? I need you to promise me." I urge and take a step closer.

"Why?" He asks after a few seconds of silence.

"He'll blame himself." I say, babbling the quickest excuse I could find. "He'll blame himself like he did with Chuck." This was partially true.

He'll stay if he found out that Newt was infected.

And I can't have that.

"Look, it'll rise up to his head and he's not gonna think clearly. I need you to keep this between us." I say again, this time sternly trying to emphasise on how important this was to me.

"I know. I promise." He says and I let out a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry, I truly am." I say and he gives me a small smile. "Guess not all of us were immune." I let my eyes look down, truly feeling sad for my... friend.

Had I made the right decision?

Ignoring my feelings, I let out a sigh.

I felt the need to cry, but I let it in. I couldn't.

I wouldn't.

"Let's go," Newt says and I follow him up, I look at him, feeling lightheaded. I see Minho and give him a nod. "Well what's wrong with you?" He asks and I don't answer.

"I'll be there soon," I say and walk away, towards another piece of mountain, giving us a perfect view of what's to come.

I see Stiles, laughing with Fry, Newt and Minho and I repeat my speech to myself.

You do not care. You do not. You. Do. Not. Care.

I look back, seeing Stiles walk up. "Hey, you okay?" He asks and I turn around slowly, not surely how to begin the story.

"You know, Chuck knew..." I start and Stiles frowns. "Chuck knew that you were going to do great things, you know." Stiles frowns, probably wondering where I was going with this.

"Because you showed him that in a short matter of time you can change just because you have too." I take a deep breathe, showing him the radio I had taken at the station where Brenda saved us from that creepy guy, trying to kill us.

"Wh-what is that?" He asks softly and I lick my lips, shaking my head. "We got thrown into an entirely new environment where the sole purpose of us was to get into a coma and be drained," I say and scoff.

"We escaped, and that's when I knew they were never gonna stop and we had to continue in order to get home." I say and he shakes his head.

"Why are you saying all of this?" He asks and I shake my head. "I need you to understand that everything I did was to get us home." I say and he frowns.

"What are you talking about?" He asks and I shake my head silently. "Stiles this isn't our home. And they promised me, that if I'd get them the right arm, they would let us go through the flat trans in peace." I confess, and normally it would lighten my chest up, but looking at Stiles, seeing a look of betrayal flash in his eyes, just makes my heart ache.

"I lied, when I said I knew what that meant, you know? A flat trans, I wouldn't have guessed." I say and chuckle. "Until WICKED showed me what it is, I would have no idea. They told me if I'd stick to the plan, it'll all be alright." I shake my head in disbelief.

"What did you do?" Stiles asks and instead of answering, I let out a sigh.

"They were slowing us down, Stiles, and you were trying to be a hero." I say and he clenches his jaw. "Hero? No I was trying to do the right thing-" he says and I let out a hysterical laugh.

"There it is! The right thing. Well guess what? The right thing always benefits someone, and this time, it's us!" I yell at him and he let's out a frustrated sound.

"You're saying you're gonna let them die? Our friends? And you thought I'd ever agree to that?" He asks and I shake my head. "Our friends?" I repeat. "Our friends are in another world, passing classes and most important of all, beating the ghost Riders, because that's what's gotten us here in the first place! Not WICKED, them! And while they are trying to defeat them, a lot more people are coming here because they're being erased!" I yell, tears in my eyes threatening to spill.

It was silent between us, because I knew if I'd back down now, it's all going down to shit. I'm not gonna let Stiles kill us because he wants to be a hero.

"You remember your mother, right?" I ask and he nods. "I don't remember my dad. I just remember my mother having this vague image of him because he was gone. Then one day, my grandma asks how he is, in the town next door." I say and let the tears fall.

"He was living there because of his work. My mother didn't remember, she didn't remember him being there at all. When I asked which town, she said Canaan." I whisper and Stiles starts to realise.

"When I left Beacon Hills to find my dad, I went to Canaan first, obviously. It was an abonded town. Everyone was gone." I close my eyes, then I stop myself from letting my tears falls.

"I didn't understand at first, but now I get it."

"The reason that I didn't remember my dad wasn't because he left me. It's because he was erased. You think I'm letting that happen to Beacon Hills? To my friends? To you?" Stiles had gotten quiet and I shake my head, convincing myself I was right.

"I never wanted to be the hero, Stiles. But I'm not the villian." Behind me I heard the aircraft of WCKD.

I didn't want my friends to be taken by WCKD. I had grown fond of them. But I had to choose. I couldn't have both. And I choose Stiles hating me forever over our relationship, which is now broken.

~1373 words~

Oop