Wattpad Original
There are 23 more free parts

Ch. 9: Gift

Preston is in an even worse mood after Mr

Preston is in an even worse mood after Mr. Demers leaves and that says a lot, since he usually seems to be in a crappy mood. He marches out of his office, blue eyes blazing, and demands I order an expensive bottle of whiskey as a gift for a birthday party tomorrow night before he continues to Andrew's office, where he slams the door shut behind him.

Okay then.

His temper tantrums are almost on the same level as Bella's.

While I'm not surprised by his moodiness, his current actions seem to be a bit out of character, even for him.

I'm not the only one that thinks so, either. Both Lydia and Alana jolt next to me when the door slams shut.

"What happened with him today?" Lydia asks.

"I'm not sure.",Bbut I think it has something to do with the Marramount account and being so muchmore than three million over budget. Preston was mad after his meeting with Demrs and demanded he copy me and Preston on every change going forward, no matter how small.

"There's some tension there," Alana whispers. But she doesn't seem upset about it, and I get the impression she'd offer to help him relive it if she didn't think she'd risk her job doing so. Or maybe even with the risk from the way she smacks her lips together.

"Mmhmm," Lydia agrees. "I swear, as fine as that man is, I think he has a man period."

I bite my lip to keep from laughing out loud because that's a pretty spot-on observation.

"Do you know whose party it is?" I ask Lydia and Alana as I pull up the browser on my computer to shop for something I know nothing about other than I don't like the taste of it.

"Their father's," Lydia responds.

"Oh, shit."

That means it has to be something good.

I haven't met Pierce Cartwright yet because he's been in England on business, or so I was told. But I am surprised that I haven't heard anything about his birthday or an upcoming party. As he's the CEO of the company, wouldn't the management want to make sure the employees knew it was his birthday so he could be celebrated?

"Mr. and Mrs. Cartwright throw a huge party at their house every year," Alana explains. "It's a black-tie event with lots of celebrities. You'll find pictures online for weeks afterwards."

"Yeah, it's a quite a big event for people who want to be seen."

The way Lydia says it, with a dreamy smile on her lips, make me thinks she wants to be there and be seen.

It sounds interesting and is something else I have to ask Fiona about. I bet she knows all about these parties from her favorite social media accounts.

"Is that why they had their tuxes dry-cleaned?" I ask because it would make sense. Both Preston and Easton had me pick up their tuxedos on Wednesday.