Chapter 15

Shen Qiqi's tears fell on her skin like continuous spring rain, melting into her bones and blood, making her heart burn. Even her slightly trembling tone had a hint of tenderness that was enough to make one feel pity for her.

Liu Shuang hugged her like she was holding a hot potato and didn't know what to do. She could only try to console her dryly with her eloquence.

The blood-red murderous intent in Liu Shuang's eyes gradually faded away, and the surging demonic energy on her body also subsided like a dying fire. She shrank back pitifully.

Whether in her past life or present, she had never done anything like consoling someone with gentle words. She was used to being calculating and evasive, but for the first time, she experienced the feeling of being deeply relied upon by someone.

...It was somewhat novel, but also a bit overwhelming.

In her past life, Shen Qiqi often used tears to deceive others and make excuses, but she had never shrunk into a ball and cried in someone's arms like she did now, as if it were the only place in the world she could hide.

Liu Shuang hesitated for a moment before gently patting her back and speaking in a tone that unintentionally revealed a hint of warmth, "Shall we leave here first?"

After waiting for a moment, Shen Qiqi slowly tightened her grip on Liu Shuang's sleeve and murmured in agreement.

After a while, she finally lifted her misty eyes, her nose and eye sockets red, with a few crystalline tears hanging on her long eyelashes like dewdrops.

She looked more like a little girl who had been wronged, rather than the arrogant and wicked young lady she was in her past life.

She obediently followed behind Liu Shuang like a well-behaved little tail, not doubting at all where her Senior sister was taking her. This behavior reminded Liu Shuang of a little white dog she had adopted in her past life that was sensible and clingy, causing her heart to ache.

Liu Shuang took Shen Qiqi on her flying sword and turned back to Baicao Garden.

Presumably, after this ordeal, she should have lost her appetite for lotus seed soup in the kitchen.

Away from the grotesque corpse, Shen Qiqi's pale face gradually became better-looking, but she didn't say a word on the way, and her usually lively demeanor was replaced by a well-behaved appearance. She continued to hold onto Liu Shuang's sleeve, and Liu Shuang acquiesced to it.

The air was very quiet, and Liu Shuang even missed the talkative Shen Qiqi from before.

Habits were really frightening, she thought to herself.

The flying sword landed in the Baicao Garden, and as soon as Shen Qiqi got off, she uncontrollably rushed towards the outhouse.

She leaned against the wall, hunched over, unable to stop dry heaving.

But because she hadn't eaten anything, nothing came up.

She was scared. She had seen plenty of corpses on the news before, but this was the first time she had faced a real, uncensored one. The blood...words couldn't describe it. Tears streamed down her face involuntarily.

Her stomach hurt, her head was dizzy, and her vision was blurry. She heard a lot of jumbled noises in her ears, like someone was speaking.

That person spoke intermittently, like a radio with a bad antenna.

"Heaven... slay... master..." Each word was spoken in a strange accent, as if it came from an ancient and distant era.

Shen Qiqi closed her eyes and punched the wall hard. Through gritted teeth, she said, "...stop making noise!"