Chapter 29

Shen Qiqi looked at Liu Shuang with her pair of almond-shaped eyes, a little dazed. It was evident that alcohol not only gave people courage but also made them foolish.

After a moment, she finally realized what had happened and her face turned red with embarrassment.

"Wh-what's wrong with taking a sip?" She whispered nervously, feeling a bit guilty. "Why can't a Junior sister light a lamp when her Senior sister can start a fire?"

"What lamp?" Liu Shuang smiled knowingly. "If you suddenly pounced on me, someone who didn't know any better would think you were going to assault me."

Shen Qiqi lowered her head, feeling a little embarrassed. "How can you call it assault?" she murmured, looking shy. "She even touched your hand, and I didn't say anything."

Liu Shuang said, "Yes, someone touches your hand, and you go straight for the kiss."

Shen Qiqi glared at her, feeling angry that she was missing the point. "Why are you always taking her side?" she demanded. "Who are you, my Senior sister?"

Liu Shuang was speechless. "Yes, I am," she said finally, rubbing Shen Qiqi's head gently. "Don't be angry, okay? I'll support you from now on."

Shen Qiqi gritted her teeth, feeling more and more jealous. Suddenly, she had a rebellious thought. "So what if I assaulted you? I still want to kiss you!" With that, she stood on her tiptoes and tried to kiss Liu Shuang again. However, Liu Shuang pushed her away and shook her head helplessly.

"You should be more aware of your surroundings," she sighed.

Passersby saw what was happening and quickly averted their eyes, pretending to look at the scenery.

Shen Qiqi blushed and buried her head, regretting her actions. Fortunately, ordinary people couldn't remember their faces and figures, so even if they saw them again, they wouldn't recognize them.

Liu Shuang raised her index finger and lightly tapped Shen Qiqi's head. "You're so brave, aren't you afraid of being seen?"

Shen Qiqi stuck out her tongue. "I-I didn't think that far," she said. It was just a moment of impulse. She blamed her Senior sister for being too beautiful, and she blamed herself for being weak.

She was drunk and dizzy, and she didn't delve into the sourness in her heart. She felt that her action had crossed the boundary of friendship and had gone in an unpredictable direction.

She looked up and asked, "Senior sister, what should we do now? Should we go back to Qing Feng peak?" Looking at the sky, she realized that it was already deep into the night, with the moon hanging high in the sky, and it was probably close to midnight.

"Didn't you buy a lantern?" Liu Shuang looked down at the rabbit lantern that Shen Qiqi had dropped at her feet. When Shen Qiqi was infatuated just now, she had thrown the lantern on the ground. "Let's put the lantern up first."

"Okay." Shen Qiqi said, picking up the lantern and dusting off the dirt. The dusty rabbit suddenly came to life, and her jealousy disappeared without a trace. She was happy again, bouncing to the riverside.

Liu Shuang stood behind her, shaking her head and teasing her for being carefree. Shen Qiqi was disheveled, but Liu Shuang looked calm and collected.

Shen Qiqi squatted on the riverbank in a secluded spot and pulled a slip of paper out of the rabbit's ear. After some thought, she lowered her head and wrote a few words on it. The sparkling water reflected on her face, making her eyes look like shallow amber, and she looked focused and careful.

Liu Shuang looked at her and asked, "What did you write?"

Shen Qiqi bent her eyes and said with a hint of cunning, "I won't tell you. If I do, you won't be allowed to see it."