Chapter Ten - Revolution

There was so much at stake as the entire clan feared for their lives. As usual, Razan consulted Trivan in the spirit plane. He asked if they'd made a mistake to rebel against the king. If he had failed in his mission to restore balance.

Trivan responded saying a person who defends others defends himself. That he should send messengers to neighboring clans that are as poor as they used to be, seeking their support as they could also be thorn apart by the famine they experienced. However, they would also show them their secrets of wealth. For all who obliged, they should build tunnels and structures within their village and make barrier walls, and this time a double wall.

The next day riders were sent across to 9 clans and 7 of them agreed to the proposal for they admired the courage of Razan.The war with Lamda lasted for a week, they made up to 6 barrier walls surrounding the village and even more dug up hideouts. A large number of army fought from within the village while the rest camped at a stance waiting for the Lamda armies to be reduced enough for an ambush.

They kept reducing their numbers with the spear heads and arrows and on the 7 day, right before the breach of the last wall, they were surrounded and slaughtered. The mighty Lamda defeated, a huge victory of progress.

News of the defense made everyone wonder if the king would keep sacrificing clans and communities until he killed one man. Soon the continent was divided with only the major cities standing with the king, Razan had bought the support of the rest with his wealth secrets liberating them from the debts of the king with promises of moderate taxes if he was crowned king.

The continent was divided into East and West. The major cities 6 in number occupied the Eastern part, while all the other clans and communities occupied the Western part.
It seemed to almost be an even battle since their numbers were matched, but the king had all the best fighters and was certain that he would win the war.

Razan drifts to the spirit plane to Trivan on what to do. A risky approach but certain of victory. The battle ground was at "Miresh", a large valley. He should take advantage of his side of the slope, but they should carve large boulder stones, up to a hundred before the kings army arrives at the battle field. The stones should be at the top of their slope but also not visible from the other end.
They would have to practice running up a hill as fast as possible.

The great battle that lasted less than a day.

The battle started and both armies charged down the slopes, the battle was bloody, many died at the first clash after which they turned back in retreat. The kings army were amused at first, they stood and laughed. At the command of the king they chased them, catching up with a few at the edges, killing them.

When Razan saw none of his army was within the valley, they rained the rocks down the slope. It didn't take long for the kings army to be washed up before his feet, the expression on his face showed he could not believe what just happened.

He fled with a handful seeking refuge in another continent. The continent celebrated their freedom and crowned Razan king. As a fulfilment of his promise, reforms were made and the people thrived in better conditionings.

Despite his kingship, he ruled from his home clan.

The battle was won but the war was not over. King Ayuza had made an alliance with the other 3 continents and they planned an attack in fear of Razan liberating their continents as well.

The battle of continents.......

To be continued................ EGBERI II