IX. Everyone's a Suspect

Chapter 9,
    Everyone's a Suspect
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The three girls were taken down to the police station, and were sat in an interrogation room to be asked a series of questions regarding the night Greg, Jason, and Laura were murdered. Mikaela couldn't seem to snap out of the daze she was currently in, which made answering the questions difficult. 

  "Kae, are you alright?" Daphne asked as she grabbed Mikaela's hand, snapping her out of her little daydream.

  "He died alone." Mikaela whispered as she felt the hot tears spill from her tired eyes, even though it had been a year, the pain Mikaela felt from losing her boyfriend still hurt. 

  Mika furrowed her eyebrows as she looked over at her best friend, she was confused as to what she was talking about. Mikaela didn't want to elaborate anymore, it hurt to talk about Wes, the same way it stung to think about him. Daphne opened her mouth to ask her a question but closed it when detective Espinoza entered the room, with a small package in his hand.

  "This was found next to the body at the apartment crime scene." Detective Espinoza stated as he lifted the package up to reveal a ghostface mask.

  Mika and Daphne stared at the mask before looking back up at the detective, curious as to what that has to do with them or anything regarding them. Mikaela just stood silent, she knew she had to refocus on what was going on but it was easier said than actually done.

  "DNA says that it belonged to someone named Esther Gomez." 

 That name was cursed, and it would give nightmares to the group if the name was ever said or brought up as a topic of some sort. Daphne looked up at the detective, Esther was dead, she is dead.

  "Does that ring a bell?" Detective Espinoza asked the three girls.

 "We're familiar with her, yes."

  "But the one that attacked us had a different mask on. It looked more, dirty and beat up, sort of older." Mika stated, as she examined the mask in front of her, which looked cleaner, not new, but nothing like the mask the ghostface was wearing. 

   Soon, the girls began to tell their alibis, and where they were the night the first murders occurred, everything was going smoothly, despite the fact that detective Espinoza showed the video of Daphne lunging at the girl from the party the other night. Luckily, he was the one who would be taking care of their case, so they were in safe hands. There was a knock on the door, and another police officer came inside.

  "FBI's here, claiming jurisdiction." The police officer informed detective Espinoza, causing him to get up from his seat to check who was involving themselves in a case.

  "Can I help you?" Detective Espinoza asked, the agent turned around in her chair and smiled at the detective.

  "Special Agent, Kirby Reed, FBI." Kirby smiled as she showed him, her badge to prove she was a legit agent. 

  Daphne smiled as she greeted Kirby, hugging her tightly. Someone who was involved and almost murdered in the ghostface murders that happened some years ago, was a trust worthy person. However, before the three girls were let off the hook, they were suspects.

  Everyone around them had believed that Daphne is the real ghostface and she was only playing victim, but it wasn't true. Besides, everyone is a suspect now. Not just Daphne, Mika, and Mikaela.