Chapter 5

Race.

For tonight's race I picked my favorite car that I own, Porsche 911 GT3, a beauty. Elle and I hop into the car while chewing her signature gum flavor, cinnamon. We arrive at the race show earlier than usual but surprise quickly raises in me when I see my opponent already in the race line. His car is a Ferrari spyder 488, black and red. Interesting choice I must say. I align my car besides his and I see his windows are rolled down. He covers the side of his face with his inked fingers. His energy is powerful almost too powerful.

"Viper. Remember that name because I will ruin any chances of you winning any incoming race." I always introduce myself to my opponent.

"Carlos." His voice is deeper than I expected. He glances at me with his dark gaze that looks familiar.

I see Elle preparing herself to start the race. She looks a bit tense, probably she just finished a make out session with some random rich Spanish guy like she always does.

The race is about to begin. People are cheering us up while we start revving giving more suspense. Carlos picked the location, little does he know this is my favorite mountain to drift on.

"Its time to dance"

Elle walks in front of our cars holding a flag upwards ready to be dropped.

"Ready" Elle begins the countdown.

I look over at Carlos's car seeing him already looking at me with those dark eyes. Getting lost in that endless darkness.

"Set" I focus back on the road placing my foot on the pedal ready to smoke him.

People are chanting my name encouraging me.

"Go!"

We both accelerate at the same time leaving clouds of smoke behind us. The adrenaline start kicking in feeling like heaven on earth. Our cars are aligned in the same position making us speed up even more hitting 70mph. I can see trees flying around us as I approach the first curve. Carlos takes the lead swerving past me and drifting perfectly with a smirk on his face. Pathetic. I reach 80mph making me overcome him quickly. People are gathered on the sides of the road cheering us up, making me feel more competitive. I like being watched. I drift every curve easily leading the race. Carlos is accelerating making him positioned right beside me. He looks at me briefly then he proceeds to slow down turning back where he belongs, behind me. I look over my blind spot seeing him driving away from the race. He didn't even let me give false hopes at the end. I usually do that to my enemies to mess with them before I win. I continue driving till I arrived the finish line.

I can hear everyone celebrating my victory.