Chapter 8: Trying to Fix a Mistake

——————————🪡——————————

Maleficent and (Y/n) re-entered the Moors, with Aurora's body floating behind them. He was curious to see how she would react to finally getting to see what was behind the wall.

Once he and (Y/n) were hidden in the trees, Maleficent gently lowered Aurora down onto the ground.

A few seconds later, she awoke and looked around her in awe. The Moors was indeed beautiful, especially at night.

Aurora admired all the trees and soft lights that illuminated the area. Several bright lights came flying towards her which turned out to be fairies. They flew all around her and Aurora laughed as she watched them all.

One fairy floated right in front of her, and Aurora slowly lifted her hand up towards her. The fairy smiled, and touched the tips of her fingers, but a second later, the fairies seemed to sense something watching them.

They all became scared and flew away, leaving Aurora by herself. She seemed to sense that she was being watched as well, but instead of running, she turned towards the shadowed trees and looked around.

"I know you're there. Don't be afraid." She gently spoke.

A deep voice chuckled in response. "I am not afraid."

"Then come out." Aurora insisted.

"Then you'll be afraid." Maleficent warned her.

Aurora shook her head. "No I won't."

Maleficent slowly walked out of the shadows and stood in front of Aurora. She looked a bit intimidated, but not afraid.

"I know who you are." She told him.

Maleficent raised a brow. "Do you?"

Aurora smiled and nodded. "You're my Fairy Godfather!"

(Y/n) had to immediately put her hands over her mouth to stop herself from laughing.

Maleficent looked stunned. "What?"

"Fairy Godfather. You've been watching over me my whole life. I've always known you were close by."

"How?"

"You're shadow. It's been following me ever since I was small. Wherever I went, your shadow was always with me."

(Y/n) snickered a little and Aurora heard it. "Who's that?" She asked.

(Y/n) emerged from the shadows and stood next to Maleficent.

"This is (Y/n)." He introduced.

Aurora perked up again. "Are you my Fairy Godmother?!"

(Y/n) opened her mouth to say no, but Maleficent spoke first.

"Yes, she is."

(Y/n) glared at him from the corner of her eye, and Maleficent smirked in response.

Diaval cawed and flew down onto a nearby branch.